Thread: Visitors visa extension

Default Visitors visa extension

Hello, Me and my husband are currently living in Wellington under a Visitors visa, We are from Spain, so we hadn't need to apply for the visitor visa in our arrival.
    The limit for us to leave the country is on April 30th, we want to stay more time, but not for sure yet. My question is, If we apply for the extension for three months more, How long could be the process until We will get it? I mean, Which could be the reasonable day to submit the application and get it approved before the end of this month?

Is it true that If we leave the country, for example to visit Australia for a week, and return to New Zealand. At the arrival we have three new more months without the need to apply for the extension?

Thak you.

Nobody knows?

As you have had no replies, I guess it's right that nobody knows. I suggest you contact INZ themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrobel View Post
    Is it true that If we leave the country, for example to visit Australia for a week, and return to New Zealand. At the arrival we have three new more months without the need to apply for the extension?
    One of our friends used to do this (for more than 3-4 times) extend Visitor visa in Singapore (by visiting Indonesia) and was once advised by their immigration officer to not get into such practices. Maybe it will be ok as a one off trip but I agree with JandM to consult INZ and you might as well save a trip

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    As you have had no replies, I guess it's right that nobody knows. I suggest you contact INZ themselves.

OK, Thank you. We applied for the extension anyway. They said that the process takes normally 25 days.