Thread: can i apply for student visa

Unhappy can i apply for student visa

i was in canada on a study permit and due to mental illness i couldnt study so i was given an exclusion order from canada for 1 year and i was released on a bail and i booked my own flight and left voluntarily. since now im in my home country i want to apply for study visa if not canada(which will be impossible)then for some other countries like uk, austraila but im thinking about new zealand.

what are my chances and how bad this exclusion order is going to affect my chances of getting study visa in other countries and if i do apply what should i include to have a strong case.

please help me out guys

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful View Post
    i was in canada on a study permit and due to mental illness i couldnt study so i was given an exclusion order from canada for 1 year and i was released on a bail and i booked my own flight and left voluntarily. since now im in my home country i want to apply for study visa if not canada(which will be impossible)then for some other countries like uk, austraila but im thinking about new zealand.

what are my chances and how bad this exclusion order is going to affect my chances of getting study visa in other countries and if i do apply what should i include to have a strong case.

please help me out guys
    This will depend largely on the type of mental illness you have/had. I think it might be required on student visa to declare any existing conditions.

Interestingly all the countries you have shortlisted form the Five Eyes so just be vary of this.

hi thank you for replying

i'm suffering from clinical depression and medication has worked great for me so its under control and do u think its wise not to apply for these five countries and apply somewhere else?

Its just some personal information that I have shared, nothing on the lines of professional advice. If I were to be in your shoes then I would take a professional advice too.

Looking at below form (General Health):
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1007.pdf

Questions B12 & D23 might be of interest.

However, there is no mention of above questions in the health requirements of Student Visa application so just wait for someone to provide more information on this thread and also take professional advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Its just some personal information that I have shared, nothing on the lines of professional advice. If I were to be in your shoes then I would take a professional advice too.

Looking at below form (General Health):
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1007.pdf

Questions B12 & D23 might be of interest.

However, there is no mention of above questions in the health requirements of Student Visa application so just wait for someone to provide more information on this thread and also take professional advice.

what im really concerned about is would that exclusion order from canada ruin my chances of getting student visa or there is still hope if i make a strong case

If your health has now stabilised and you can show evidence that that is so, there is no reason you shouldn't be considered. Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/44856.htm are the regulations covering the health requirements for grant of a temporary visa.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If your health has now stabilised and you can show evidence that that is so, there is no reason you shouldn't be considered. Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/44856.htm are the regulations covering the health requirements for grant of a temporary visa.

how do i explain them about the study gap?
    should i be upfront about my medical condition?
    should i say no when they ask if i was asked to leave a country because i dont have any deportation stamp?

how do i explain them about the study gap?
    There can be various reasons for gaps e.g. sabbatical, working, voluntary work etc

should i be upfront about my medical condition?
    Yes

should i say no when they ask if i was asked to leave a country because i dont have any deportation stamp?
    If they ask then tell the truth, you can always explain the circumstances and how you got your situation treated or any other relevant information.

You tell the truth and are open all along the line. This is THE ONLY hope, because you will be on record with Canadian immigration, and it is entirely possible that this past history could come to the notice of INZ. Even if it happened not to arise while first processing your application, if it afterwards did so, the fact that you had not disclosed the situation would be regarded as fraud, the visa issued on the basis of the fraud would be cancelled, and you would find yourself with another exclusion.