Thread: Nice living areas

Default Nice living areas

Hi all,

A bit the same as my previous thread but this time with more info.

My company is at Auckland CBD.
    My budget for an accommodation is $500 - $600.

My family consists of 2 kids of 5 and 1 year so family friendly, save are super important for us. Preferable not too far from work. (approx. 30 - 40 mins)

Any suggestions on suburbs which I should look at?

Have a look at this map for reference:

*Note: The maps has some future train lines in it.

From Albany(North), Ellerslie/Mt Wellington (South) and Glen Innes/Avondale & Mt Albert on other directions are something that fall within your ideal travel time. It will be slightly better standard travel time if you look for accommodation closer to train station than bus station as traffic is unpredictable.

You will find good 2-3 bedroom houses for $500-$600 budget, but have a look at child care or schools if that will be something you plan in near future for your elder one.

Pukekohe was always nice.

My company is at Auckland CBD.
    My budget for an accommodation is $500 - $600.
    My family consists of 2 kids of 5 and 1 year so family friendly, save are super important for us. Preferable not too far from work. (approx. 30 - 40 mins)
    Any suggestions on suburbs which I should look at?[/QUOTE]

The first thing I would ask for is a bigger salary. For that price, you will not be living anywhere nice or big enough for comfort.
    If you can stick to the central suburbs - Ponsonby, Grey Lynn, Epsom are my favourites. They have bilingual pre-schools and a good community feeling.
    It is really hard to say everything I could say because there are many variables to consider.
    I also quite like Ellerslie/Greenlane - as they have a good bus route. But not much community feeling.
    Mt Wellington is okay (the north part) if you are on a budget - near to Ellerslie Panmure Highway.

Me, I have moved out of Auckland and headed South to Hamilton. I still work in Auckland -but for $400 I get a really nice house in a great suburb and close to good schools. Even with commuting costs it is worth it!

Post back with more details if you want more specific details
    Sarah nzl