Thread: Original academic transcripts from 2003 still valid?

Default Original academic transcripts from 2003 still valid?

Hi all,

I have received original academic transcripts for my qualification from the Academic Institution in South Africa in 2003. I received my qualification in 1995 already. The Institution was taken over by another University, so the name is not the same anymore, but the same qualification is now available at the new Institution, called Unisa. Should I get new transcripts? or should my old ones be sufficient?

The old ones should be used. You didn't qualify from the new university, but the one that used to exist.

I got a similar predicament.

I graduated from college A which was affiliated to university Z.

Few years after I graduated, college A became university A, no longer affiliated to university Z. Still, i sent my official mark sheets and transcript in the name of college A which was affiliated to university Z.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The old ones should be used. You didn't qualify from the new university, but the one that used to exist.
    Thanks. I will use the old ones, but just a note, the new University is the only one that can confirm my qualification and give out transcripts. They have my old records.

It's a good thing that they are assuring the continuity.