Thread: NZQA Comparability Assessment or IPENZ Letter??

Default NZQA Comparability Assessment or IPENZ Letter??

hi, i need to decide whether to proceed with NZQA for a comparability assessment of my exempted qualification Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering or try getting a letter from IPENZ?
    with a limited fund, i need to make a decision that would most likely give me a positive result.

please need your advises badly, my points was reduced due to the bonus points qualification.

People are not allowed by NZ law to advise you - to make that choice FOR you - unless they are a licensed immigration adviser.

But please, for the sake of your application, DO SOMETHING promptly. If you don't, the CO will make a decisions based only on the evidence now in the file. As you know, as she has said, without either the IQA or an IPENZ letter, you don't have enough points for the application to be processed. The only other point that occurs to me is that, from what others have said on the threads, I believe that being checked out by IPENZ can take longer than IQA - asking NZQA for IQA has a definite time-scale, and if time presses, you can pay a little extra for fast-tracking.

thanks JandM, you do have a point there when it comes to timeline consideration. for IQA, do you have any idea how comparability assessment are done? i want my qualification to be directly compared to bachelor of engineering. do you think that would be possible?

you have to be specific about the specialization of your bachelor of engineering !
    if your experience is in ICT field and you have a degree of bachelor of engineering in electronics then IQA would help.
    if you have specialized in mechanical engineering but have experience in ICT field then IQA with comparability assessment form needs to be done. IQA will then assess based on our curriculum and match an equivalent degree as per LTSSL if applicable.
    if you are in a field other than ICT then i cant be of much help.

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    thanks JandM, you do have a point there when it comes to timeline consideration. for IQA, do you have any idea how comparability assessment are done? i want my qualification to be directly compared to bachelor of engineering. do you think that would be possible?
    Look here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf and scroll down to Appendix B, which is a form asking for NZQA to look for comparability to a specific requirement.