Thread: IQA Status Close

Smile IQA Status Close

Hi All,

Today my IQA status turned to close, and shipped through DHL. Hope to receive my documents soon with desired results. Fingers crossed . Now our (me and my wife) next step is to submit our EOI. Thanks to everyone, specially JANdM. Will be back with further question once we get our IQA results.

Thanks too all.

Congrats.

Do you know how long the IQA is valid for?, is it also just valid for 12 months like the PAR? I have to decide if I will get the PAR first or the IQA, I know the PAR is much cheeper but as it does not gerantee that I will receive a IQA later I would rather know if my qualifications are exepted as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help

Thanks A & J,

I think for six years (read somewhere, don' remember exactly). I haven't received my documents yet, once i receive i will let you know.
    Well, yes PAR is cheaper, but as you said it doesn't guarantee results it's because the PAR results are issued on the degree tittle basis, where as IQA is full assessment of your degree etc. I myself did PAR, and concluded my decision as totally waste of money, later applied for IQA. Make decision as per your circumstance and decide what's best for you.

Good Luck

I meant they keep record for six years.. bu for sure i will let you know once i receive my IQA results.

Thanks

Thanks that helps alot..

Quote Originally Posted by A & J View Post
    Congrats.

Do you know how long the IQA is valid for?, is it also just valid for 12 months like the PAR? I have to decide if I will get the PAR first or the IQA, I know the PAR is much cheeper but as it does not gerantee that I will receive a IQA later I would rather know if my qualifications are exepted as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help
    You wont be able to decide whether your qualifications are exempted using PAR results.

PAR results will be generic like Level 7 or Level 6 with no specification about qualifications/specialization as listed in LTSSL. It would be waste of money/time if you go for PAR and follow it again with IQA. I did the same and realized later that i should have done IQA rather than PAR followed by IQA.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    You wont be able to decide whether your qualifications are exempted using PAR results.

PAR results will be generic like Level 7 or Level 6 with no specification about qualifications/specialization as listed in LTSSL. It would be waste of money/time if you go for PAR and follow it again with IQA. I did the same and realized later that i should have done IQA rather than PAR followed by IQA.
    There is no expiry date mentioned in IQA. It's best to go directly with NZQA full assessment.