Thread: Police Certificate requirement

Default Police Certificate requirement

Hi, I am working in NZ in Essential Skill Visa category and have decided to apply for residency through SMC category. I am here for past 1.5 years with my family. While going through requirements, i found that, i need to submit Police certificate for the countries i lived in past 10 years. I was working in Canada, Halifax for 2 years from 2008 to 2010 (along with my family). On checking RCMP (royal Canada mounted police) i came to know that we have to submit fingerprints to them to get the police check. Not sure how to go about this. Do i need to go to local police station and submit my finger prints to them? need help please. Thanks

I found this about the Auckland area. https://www.nzpost.co.nz/personal/re...fingerprinting If you are not within reach of that, it looks as though you need to enquire of your local police where is the nearest place you could go.

Although that link, dated 2013, talks about a 'three-month trial' for the service, I can't find anything later, from either NZ police, NZ post, or INZ - they're all still giving the information about the post shops.

It might not be totally related to Canada but when we applied for our daughters' UK visa, she submitted the fingerprints at the UK High Commission in Christchurch, likewise Canada might have some arrangement (just drawing parallels). Alternatively it will be good to check with Canadian High Commission.