Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National security check

Default National security check

Hi folks,

It's my first time to post a thread here and I would like to thank all members, especially JandM and Sun777, for all your detailed information and support. We have gone through a lot of posts on this forum while we were preparing our interview with the CO.

My husband is the principal applicant of the SMC Visa and we had a phone interview on 18/3/15. CO was assigned around end of Feb 15 and think that the whole application process is quite fast. However, we were just notified by the CO that the National Security Check is still pending and they need to await the NSC response before making a decision on our application. Could anyone pls advise if it is a must for every application to go through NSC? or just based on the background of the applicants?

Some more info, I was a staff of law enforcement office in Hong Kong. Therefore i put it down on the NSC form 1209 under the question "Have you been associated with any intelligence agency or group, or law enforcement agency?". Would it be the reason of conducting NSC? We understand that there's no timeframe for NSC but would appreciate if anyone having same experience could share a bit with us.

Many thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
    Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by saman_4800 View Post
    Some more info, I was a staff of law enforcement office in Hong Kong. Therefore i put it down on the NSC form 1209 under the question "Have you been associated with any intelligence agency or group, or law enforcement agency?". Would it be the reason of conducting NSC? We understand that there's no timeframe for NSC but would appreciate if anyone having same experience could share a bit with us.
    It looks like your CO is waiting to tick one of the box for NSC, it could as well be a formality but CO has to do complete assessment before making a decision. You can however follow up fortnightly in case there is some progress on the check.

All the best

thx lots Sun 777. Will keep updated =)

Here is an old thread where people were discussing about NSC, which may explain a bit what is going on. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43853

Many thx JandM =) Just hope there will be good news soon!

Morning! some updates - my CO notified us that they received our NSC result yesterday and our application is on the final stages. So that means the NSC took around 2 months in our case. Does anyone know how long it would take on the "final stages"? CO also asked for a copy of my passport (I'm not the principal applicant). Thanks again!

@saman_4800 - Finally your case is moving up. Good

Good news!

'Final stages' isn't a clear indication of what the CO still has to do, on the check list they all have to work through to process each case. S/He is just saying, 'Now I can finish off.' But as you've already had your interview, my GUESS is that it may be time for second-person checking.

thx for the info and support =) hope there'll be good news soon! will keep you posted.

Morning folks! We received CO's reply last friday that our Resident visa was approved in principal. Thank you so much for all your information and support =) Some information for sharing, it took around 2 and a half month for us to get the result after interview with CO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast