Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partner's recognised qualification for bunos points

Default Partner's recognised qualification for bunos points

Hi guys! I am a bit confused with this statement below. My partner got an IQA Level 6 assessed last Feb 2015. He graduated from his Bachelors Degree last 2006. Does he qualify for 20 points based on this statement? Sorry I am really confused

Source: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...structions.pdf
    Page: 6

c. Despite (a), if a partner of a principal applicant holds a recognised New Zealand qualification at
    levels three, four, five, and six on the NZQF, they will be eligible for 20 points if:
    i. the qualification would have met the requirements for the award of points under the Skilled
    Migrant Category that was in effect on 24 July 2011; and
    ii. the qualification was completed before 25 July 2011 or they had commenced a course of
    study, resulting in the qualification for which they are claiming points, on 24 July 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by jayar View Post
    i. the qualification would have met the requirements for the award of points under the Skilled
    Migrant Category that was in effect on 24 July 2011; and
    ii. the qualification was completed before 25 July 2011 or they had commenced a course of
    study, resulting in the qualification for which they are claiming points, on 24 July 2011.
    Sorry I'm just rushing out for some errands, based on above 2 points yes your partner can claim points.

Hi Sun777 thanks for that prompt reply! Did you just mean 20 points from your previous reply? thanks

Yes.

thanks JandM

Hi jayar,
    Please confirm from where your partner earned the qualification in question. I think the policy wordings mentions recognised New Zealand qualification, that means qualification gained in NZ only. Members, please correct me if I am wrong.

Also if you could confirm did you get ITA yet? And how much actually you claimed the bonus points against partners qualification.

Yes, that paragraph quoted in the first reply applies ONLY if the partner's qualification was a recognized New Zealand one that meets the requirements at i and ii.

Hi JandM,

Sorry I am new here. The qualfication of my spouse has been recognized by NZQA as level -6 and she has completed her qualification before 25th July 2011 but her qualification not in New Zealand. So Can we claim bonus point 20 for my partner?

See the whole regulation here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42640.htm Based on what you have said, your partner's qualification will count for 10 points on your EOI.

Hi Monu, Yes I got an ITA and already lodged our application. The CO only gave 10 points for my partner's qualification since the degree was gained outside New Zealand. But later i submitted an appeal to NZQA and the result is fortunately revised into Level 7.

JandM thank you so much for the advised last time. we really appreciate😃

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast