Thread: Enrolled diploma of nursing division 2 from Australia. Matched with NZQA ?

Default Enrolled diploma of nursing division 2 from Australia. Matched with NZQA ?

TAFE.jpg

Hi, guys.

May I ask you a question?

I have diploma degree called Enrolled diploma of nursing division 2 in Australia.

Now, I am trying to move to New zealand because of my personal reason.

I already emailed to NZQA to get any answer but it took two days.

Does anyone know that Australian nursing diploma is matched with NZ nursing diploma ?

It is bit tricky for me because I got that Australian nursing degree as diploma but there are also some levels divided into 3 or 4 in NZ case. ( Diploma level 4,5,6 or 7 etc )

so confused if immigration can be happened if I hit the country and get job in future before sorting this problem out.

Do I have to apply to be admitted to change my Australian nursing degree to NZ one ? or no need ?

Kinds regards.

You could try looking here http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nur...l-registration, as they mention Australian qualifications, and enrolled nurses. If it isn't immediately obvious, you could contact the NZNC directly.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You could try looking here http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nur...l-registration, as they mention Australian qualifications, and enrolled nurses. If it isn't immediately obvious, you could contact the NZNC directly.
    not pretty sure what you mentioned above. I mean that the nursing diploma degree is not registered yet on the nursing board each countries'
    A reason is that I couldn't get over 7 each band in IELTS ( The score should be over each 7 but mine was 6.0, 6.5 6.5 and 7 for each )
    so what I am talking about is that I have the degree but not registered yet but not really sure if I can immigrate to NZ.

there is an interesting thing that I'd had applied Permanent visa in Australia with the degree, went to a rural area and worked hard and a manager sponsored me.
    but worked with student visa in full time and didnt go to school at the same time so was claimed by the Australian immigration to be gotten the country out.
    But application's been applied thankfully in the end, went back to my country then. but the manager went somewhere and there is now the another new manger who I have never met before and she withdrawn the nomination application. ( This is is a thing called bloddy hell for me )

Ok, the point is that it was possible to apply the permanent visa without experience ( worked in nursing home but took just for a month )
    this is really important point that I did nursing at an institute ( 18 months course ) and this is not even called as bachelor degree but it can be used to put me work in nursing home or hospital as a care giver. ( not as a nurse because cannot be registered with the bloody high English skill is needed )

An Aussie practitioner (an agent) who I went through with conducted the all the documents to apply the residence visa and he changed my position from the care giver to the residential care officer because the letter is placed skill level 2 ( quite high ) but the former latter is level 4 or 5 ( quite low and plus cannot be applied because of the low skill level but it was not illegal at all because I would've worked as the letter position in the nursing home. discussed with the previous manager already.)

Anyway this was the incident where I went through in Australia and here in my country.

BUT The thing is whether the same thing can be happened or not in NZ. ( I am going to school in NZ, no want to fail anymore )

so confused if NZQA is accepted the Australian nursing degree or not but the answer from NZ and Aus councils said " the degree need to be registered to be a nurse "

I DO NOT WANT TO BE A NURSE EVEN CANNOT BE IN NZ.

I'd just want to know If NZQA accept the Australian diploma nursing degree and what diploma level am I given on their perspective. ( no answer yet. took 3 days though )

If they give me diploma level 5 or 6 would be good but I DO NOT EVEN KNOW and EVEN some of immigration advisers either if I have to apply to be authorized by NZQA or not.

Do you guys know what a funny thing ? Australian and NZ nursing councils share the each degrees but I AM NOT REGISTERED ON THE BOARD LOL but can work as a care giver at nursing home in NZ (this thing is true because anybody can work at NZ nursing home without any certificate because lack of workers )

Please let me sum this confusing thing.

Do I have to get a authority from NZQA and have to pay it or not. ( said above the each countries share the nursing things but do I have to ? )

Nobody knows lol

still waiting for any answer from NZQA...

I'm still puzzled in places, even after your explanation. So what job do you actually want to do in NZ? That makes a difference to the INZ requirements for letting you have a visa.