Thread: PAR or IQA?

Default PAR or IQA?

Hi All

We are still in the beginning process of our applications.

Like I understand the PAR is only valid vor 12 Months and can not garantee that my qualifications will be accepted later, Do I need the Par or could I rather just get the IQA instead, then I am sure that I wont experience any problems later? Is the IQA also just valid for 12 Months?

Can you provide more information on your educational qualification/years of work experience/ field in which work experience was gained ?

I think you would be better to ask for an IQA. PAR can't be relied on to be correct. (And you don't need both to apply for Residence.)

PAR is only ever done by a look over the names of qualifications - what they're called by the awarding institution in the other country - so it's not necessarily exact, since terminology doesn't always have the same meanings in the other culture and in NZ. IQA is done by an in-depth look at what was studied, for how long, to what depth, and then comparing that proof with what is done in courses within in NZ, to find one NZ qualification (if possible) that they can say it is nearly equivalent to.

On the threads, we have seen where people's Level has gone up, OR down, between PAR and IQA, since PAR only depends on what words happen to be in the name of the qualification.

Hi Thank you for the help, I decided to go with the IQA from the beginning.

I would like to go to NZ as a skilled migrant and do not want my EOI later returned to me as my points do not qualify. I believe there wont be any problem, as I have a degree from a recognised Tertiary Institution, the only grey area that there might be is that my degree was in Psychology but my 8 years work experience is in Human Resources, The fields are definitely connected but NZ might just make a technical decision on this one.

In that case check whether you would need the NZQA comparability assessment to gain bonus points for skills mentioned as per LTSSL.

Yes, find the name of your career http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/, see what skilled listings it comes under, and if you click on those, you'll find details of what you need for bonus points.