Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: urgent - my 2nd essential skills work visa application

Default urgent - my 2nd essential skills work visa application

this is pretty urgent as my 1st work visa has expired and im now on an interim visa.
    immigration has given me more time to prepare supporting documents which i have to submit tomorrow.

so i came here on a working holiday visa, got a permanent job offer in Marketing and applied for and got a one year temporary work visa (essential skills). applied for the second essential skills work visa like how i did for the first one (employer did not attempt to find suitable kiwis for my position for the first work visa and now this second one).

we got a letter from immigration asking for more info on genuine attempts to find/train kiwis and HR ran the job advert for my position (only ran for a week as my time was running out).

have researched and i think i should submit (please correct me if im wrong):

1. A copy of the advert, along with the receipt for the advertising to show how long the advert was placed
    2. A copy of the list of applicants and why they were not selected
    3. Letter of support from employer confirming why you were not able to find a New Zealander to do the job and why you were not able to train someone to do the job

question 1: HR got 60+ applications do i have to submit every CV? what documents exactly should i submit?
    question 2: is there a format for writing the letter of support? (HR handled this but i would like to see if there is anything i could add that would build a stronger case)
    question 3: just in case my visa application doesnt go through, can i appeal it? i understand that appeal deadlines are really strict so would like to know so i dont get caught out! note that my work visa has already expired and i am on an interim visa.

thanks for taking the time to read this long-winded essay!

just wanted to get all the details up here so you guys would find it easier to help.

THANKS!

Surely INZ is going to expect to get evidence of the advertising and details of the responses from your employer, not you? I'm going by the wording of the explanation in the section about evidence here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...entialwork.htm

precisely! you would think so.

the letter they sent said:
    "We invite you to make comments or provide further information in response to our concerns."

seems like i have to gather the documents from HR.

So long as INZ get the documents, they won't mind where they come from. If they come from you, they might want to check with the employer that they are genuine. Can I ask why you didn't apply for residence this time round? It's just that with an SMC application, there is no need to prove the lack of available kiwis. So if you are unsuccessful, you would have the right of appeal - but this is a lengthy and difficult procedure. I have had clients do this successfully. I would get what information to them that I can as quickly as possible. If they do refuse your visa, get back in touch immediately, ask for an extension to your interim visa and if you can do this, tell them that you will be applying for SMC straight away. I hope it works out for you.

thanks Karen!

I applied for EOI with 155 points a couple months back and EOI got automatically selected from the pool. didn't make it to the next round as my educational qualifications weren't certified by NZQA - saw my uni on the list but did not realise they only accept Masters and PhDs from that uni while mine is a bachelor degree. also got previous work experience (2 years in Marketing) points taken out which im not sure why.

at the time when my EOI got rejected my work visa was due to expire as well so I thought I'll go down the work visa route before applying for residency at a later point since my original certs are back home and to courier them over here plus wait time at NZQA would take a month+ which I didn't have...

guess my first work visa went through so smoothly (got approved one week within application) I thought this time's gonna be the same too.

lesson learnt!

the SMC route you suggested sounds good. I will do that. thanks!

also wondering if I could ask for an extension to the interim visa and try harder to prove that we cannot find suitable kiwis by running the ad for a longer period of time and listing position on Work & Income...

just a thought.

will keep you guys posted.

thanks!

visa approved =)

Quote Originally Posted by imnotcindy View Post
    visa approved =)
    congrat!!!!

Default Can you tell me more of your success, please

Quote Originally Posted by imnotcindy View Post
    visa approved =)
    Hey there

It's fantastic that you go your visa Can you please tell me how it did eventually get awarded.

I'm doing the same right now- trying to renew my work visa via essential skills- even though I'm applying for residency (all signed and ready to go into the office tomorrow) but obviously my current employers have to re-advertise my job.

Any guidance would be greatly received.

From a petrified teacher.

Hey, first of all, congratulations for your visa!!
    I am in the same situation you are, so could you please be so kind to share with us what you have submitted to Immigration to
    prove that there was no kiwi suitable for the position?

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast