Thread: An alternative entry into NZ

Default An alternative entry into NZ

Hi all,

To those who cannot make the magical 140 points or those who cannot secure a job...there is another way..

I thought that this article is interesting by the fact that there is an official back door entrance to NZ via Australia. In fact it is being 'promoted' as a 'safer' route as one does not require a job to get an Australian residence visa and at the same time accorded a resident visa into NZ...seems to too to be true but apparently it is. Anyway read on and judge for yourself or maybe use them if you can afford their fees. I did use them for my entry into NZ and although it was more expensive than your average joe consultant it was worth the money..IMHO.

....an excerpt from the article

Such as, for example, the fact that getting into Australia is often easier and less risky than getting in to New Zealand these days, yet those that are granted an Australian Permanent Residence Visa are entitled under New Zealand law to a New Zealand Resident Visa. So we are increasingly using Australia as a more obvious, less risky pathway to New Zealand because of the inherent risks often involved in securing a New Zealand Resident Visa directly.

Or the fact that both countries look to attract similar skills sets insofar as skilled migrants are concerned but most need jobs first to get into New Zealand but none need jobs to get into Australia. As Australian Permanent Resident Visas are issued before people leave their home country the risk is immediately and obviously lower.

Link to the article...http://m.immigration.co.nz/m/immigra...e-fair-dinkum/

Lol. I always thought it was the other way around!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTeh View Post
    the fact that getting into Australia is often easier and less risky than getting in to New Zealand these days,
    Not so sure how much truth it has but moreover its a relative term I guess. In the past week to 10 days there has been so much media coverage on kiwis returning back to NZ and instability in the Australian economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Not so sure how much truth it has but moreover its a relative term I guess. In the past week to 10 days there has been so much media coverage on kiwis returning back to NZ and instability in the Australian economy.
    Yes the relativity is in relation to getting the residence status and not so much whether to settle in Aus or NZ. The main thrust of the article was meant for those who has their mind to settle into NZ and seeking an alternative indirect path.