Dear All,

Today i received our (me & wife)documents. Unfortunately we both got "Generic Outcome".

My wife, she is an Electrical Engineer and i want to claim 20 points for her qualification, does she Needs IPENZ letter too?

I am having Civil Engineering degree from Pakistan & Master in Transport System from Stockholm Sweden . The results came as " A Bachelor's degree at Level 7 and a Master's Degree at Level 9 that's it. Further in comments they mentioned about registration bodies.

They wrote
"Your Bachelor of science from XYZ university has been compared to a Bachelor's degree at level 7. This is a generic outcome. This is because it is a professional field in which a detailed comparison to a specific NZ qualification is more appropriately made by the relevant professional body or registration authority, alongside the other occupational competencies they may require.

"Your Msc from XYZ university has been compared to Master degree at level 9 in NZ . This is generic outcome. This means that your qualification is substantially similar in structure to the NZ qualification listed on the report but not in content"

At the end they mentioned "if anyone intending to apply for bonus points under the LTSSL as civil engineer will need to contact IPENZ".

I just need to know is It normal for all engineer? i mean the procedure, Will same procedure would be followed, same as followed for IQA? like need to send original documents etc
anyways ,any Civil Engineer or Engineer faced similar kind of problem? Please let me know , how to get started from here onward.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks