Thread: my residence visa is approved but how about my partner ?

Default my residence visa is approved but how about my partner ?

I am currently holding work visa but my residence visa is now approved in principle under SMC and will pay for the levy soon and get a residence blue sticker.

I didnt include her for the SMC application ( however I declared that she is my partner relationship).
    The reason why I didnt include her is that we lived together less than 12 months at that time and decided to apply work visa first so that I can bring her in NZ.

My question is that my girl friend still can stay in NZ lawfully once I get the residence visa ?

Because I am wondering that her visa will not have a principle so I dont know about this matter....

If anyone know about it , please advise me !!

Thank you !

I think you are now going to have to go to INZ and ask what you should do. I have not heard of your exact situation before. Obviously, once you have your residence, you will then be able to sponsor her for partner-sponsored residence http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm as soon as you've been living together for 12 months, but some time is going to pass while that application is processed, and I don't know how INZ will cover her for that time. As you say, your own work visa will cease to be valid, and hers depends on it. Possibly they will just make her existing visa depend on your residence visa instead. Anyway, speak to them sooner rather than later.

Thank you JandM. I asked my case officer and she told that she can still stay in NZ with the work visa because she is still my partner.
    Only difference (once I get a blue sticker)is , she will be a partner of a resident rather than a partner of a worker.

Thanks for the information. It's good to hear that INZ has a common sense attitude on this point.