Thread: Proof of Funds Needed in Applying to Migrate?

Default Proof of Funds Needed in Applying to Migrate?

Hello there,

I want to apply for the Skilled Migrant category. Aside from the migrant levy and other fees, do I need (is it required) to present proof of funds or show money? Like in Canada or Australia?

Thanks in advance!

No, not for residence.

Thank you for your reply.

By the way, I read that after the EOI process, there's the application process when they invite you to apply but this costs NZ$1,360 form other countries--I think it applies to me from the Phils.

Question: What if the application is not successful? Is this huge amount of NZ$1,360 will be refunded?

Thanks so much

By the way, I read that after the EOI process, there's the application process when they invite you to apply but this costs NZ$1,360 form other countries--I think it applies to me from the Phils.
    Can you give a link to this? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Can you give a link to this? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    http://www.geocities.ws/pieterenria/...igrantFile.htm

Under the "The Payment" header.

The payment

We charge fees at different stages of the skilled migrant application process. These fees help to cover the cost of processing your application.

You need to pay the first fee when you submit your Expression of Interest. Up until 31 January 2004 this will be NZ$315. After 31 January 2004 you will have the choice of submitting your application either online or by completing a paper form, a more expensive option because of the additional processing required.

If you are invited to apply for residence, you will need to pay a second fee when you submit your application for residence. This fee differs depending on the country from which you are making your application.

Where you apply from

You submit…

New Zealand/Pacific

Other countries

An Expression of Interest (up to 31 January 2004)

NZ$315

NZ$315

An Expression of Interest on paper

NZ$465

NZ$465

An Expression of Interest online

NZ$315

NZ$315

A Skilled Migrant category residence application

NZ$660

NZ$1,360

Thanks

Okay, now I see what you're talking about.

Yes, there are fees to be paid at each stage of the submission - EOI and ITA. And then if you are successful, there is the Migrant Levy to be paid. You can check the up-to-date prices here. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=inz+office+and+fee+finder There is also the cost of the medical and the police certificate(s) to take into account. This migration business is not cheap. And no, fees are not refunded if an application is unsuccessful. These fees are to pay for processing of the application and verification of all the evidence, and don't equate to 'buying' a visa, so even an unsuccessful application will have used up the same amount of officials' time as a successful one.

Thanks JandM for replying. I checked that link you gave me https://www.google.co.uk/#q=inz+office+and+fee+finder and is the ITA fee of NZ$1,360 different from the "Select Visa Type" field which I chose: Resident Visa: Skilled Migrant Category? Because I chose it and given my country of citizenship : Philippines and country currently living: Philippines, it resulted in a fee payable in:

Fee Information

CNY
    USD

to be payable in Shanghai Branch. Is this Resident Visa different amount from that of ITA of NZ$1,360?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know. The amount doesn't seem to match up with that page you linked to. Maybe you could PM somebody from the Philippines who has recently got their residence and ask them what they had to pay at the different stages.