Thread: Options while waiting for Residence

Default Options while waiting for Residence

Hello,

I apologise as I'm sure this has been asked loads of times. I did search, but was unable to find exactly the same scenario as mine.

So I have just re-submitted my residence application (was sent back due to not having full birth certificate, only shortened version).

Due to the time it took to get the birth certificate, and an additional medical, I now only have just over a month before my Work Visa (2nd year of Partnership) expires.

After looking at the immigration website for a few hours, it failed to advise me on the best course of action. Link after link sent me in circles!

I was just wondering what my best / only options are?

I think it's a Work visa, but from what I read it sounds quite a hard process. I'm employed as part of a small family run horticulture business and my employers are pretty old and computer illiterate (dont own a computer).

Did I read it correctly that they would have to prove that they are unable to find any NZ national suitable for the role? Plus some other things?

I dont think I could ask such a thing from them as they're over 60, and work 7 days a week as it is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Anyone?

Just taking a dig as none has replied. From immigration point of view paperwork & process needs to be followed regardless of the business owners age or personal circumstances. From my little knowledge & borrowed knowledge, it looks like Work Visa will be the only route which means providing information on why the employer cannot recruit anyone locally.

When you say you are on Partnership work visa, is your partner having Work Visa or is he/she a Permanent Resident or NZ Citizen?

You may also get a more reliable answer if you can ring up Immigration NZ.

Thanks for the reply, it's really appreciated. After much more searching that does look like my only option.

So I will find out what things they need to do.

She's a NZ citizen, so it's just me that's the problem lol.

Thanks again

Alongside considering the Work Visa, in your place I would contact your CO and ask if it's possible your residence may come through before your present partner-sponsored visa expires. My thinking is that INZ have already fully accepted that your partnership is genuine (by granting you the previous partner-sponsored visa(s)), so the issue here is probably only a paperwork one, and it could be that now they can tick the boxes, the process can be very short.

further to J&M's comments, if your residence is not decided by the time the current visa expires, then "as an exception to instructions" INZ could issue you a further visa based on your relationship. The important thing is that if your residence is not AIP'd and you haven't sent in the passport for visa issue by the date your visa expires, you must lodge some sort of further temporary visa application.