Thread: Shipping Insurance - who will insure just our car?

Default Shipping Insurance - who will insure just our car?

We're using Pickfords to move our and car and working through the joyful task of inventorising and valuing our stuff.
    Letton Percival look good for the household effects but they will only insure cars for total loss i.e. if it gets damaged en route we're not covered.
    Pickfords could presumably insure just the car (we're checking) but they're not cheap, so:

Does anyone know of a company who will insure just our car? (for loss and damage)

(or is there another company who are as good as LP on effects and better on cars?)

We don't have the option of sending the car separately as we can have a 40ft container paid for, but not a 20ft and a separate car shipment.

Thanks in advance.

Can't help you there I am afraid, but just wanted to say we have shipped a car in a container twice and used Letton Percival both times. No damage to car or any of our stuff at any point. Our main concern was the entire container going missing, falling in the ocean etc...

Back to answer my own question in case it's helpful to anyone else. I found a company/broker called Clegg Gifford to insure just the car, so we have ended up with shipping by Pickfords, Contents insurance by Letton Percival and car insurance by Clegg Gifford. Each party is aware of the others' involvement.
    Having dealt with all the paperwork, it's now time to start the cleaning. We seem to be doing a cupboard a day and in every one there is something to trip us up - a grass encrusted picnic rug, a jar of beeswax polish. Probably worrying too much but better safe than sorry!