Thread: Temporary accommodation in Wellington for look see decide trip?

Default Temporary accommodation in Wellington for look see decide trip?

Hi all,

We are planning our look, see, decide trip in June to August 2015. We are from South Africa and i am a IT Solutions Architect. I was wondering if any of you can give us some advice where we can stay while on this trip, but we are not interested staying in hotels or backpackers.

Will it possible to rent a flat/apartment for two months?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Usually you do get short term rentals in CBD, I doubt if you would get much choice for houses (unless the house is expected to be sold, renovated sometime soon or the house owner has any other circumstances) but you will be able to get apartments within Wellington CBD.

Take a look at airbnb.co.nz and see if there are any entire houses/apartments for rent over the period you require.

Alternatively, there is bookabach.co.nz or holidayhouses.co.nz which have short term holiday home rentals.

Woo hoo! You can rent our place for 6 weeks! We are heading back to the states for a family trip and were going to list it on AirBNB. Fully furnished and central and gas heat We are in Newlands, my husband takes the bus into the CBD, he is IT. Let me know if you are still looking.

Might let you use the car also (not sure how that works with insurance though)
    Last edited by amandajog; 9th April 2015 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added the car

I second airbnb for finding something...although looks like amandaajog may have given you a solution already!!!
    Enjoy visiting Wellington