Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Security Check Form (INZ 1209) for a non-principal applicant

Default National Security Check Form (INZ 1209) for a non-principal applicant

Hi everyone!

My husband has applied for a Skilled Migrant Category residence visa.

He is the principal applicant and I am included in his application as his partner.

Immigration have requested me to fill the National Security Check form (INZ 1209).

I have read many topics here about it and I know that it takes months and sometimes even years to finish that check.

I have a question though. If my husband isn't granted a residence visa nor will I, so checking his documentation should be a priority here? Does anyone know if it’s faster for a non-principal applicant to finish that check?

Maybe my husband's visa can be processed faster than mine and granted to him while my National Security Check is being done?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Ripli View Post
    Hi everyone!

My husband has applied for a Skilled Migrant Category residence visa.

He is the principal applicant and I am included in his application as his partner.

Immigration have requested me to fill the National Security Check form (INZ 1209).

I have read many topics here about it and I know that it takes months and sometimes even years to finish that check.

I have a question though. If my husband isn't granted a residence visa nor will I, so checking his documentation should be a priority here? Does anyone know if it’s faster for a non-principal applicant to finish that check?

Maybe my husband's visa can be processed faster than mine and granted to him while my National Security Check is being done?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated

What nationalities are involved here?

I am Russian and my husband is South African, but he doesnt need to fill this form. I only need to fill this form.

I am Russian and my husband is South African, but he doesnt need to fill this form. I only need to fill this form.
    Technically it's possible for your husband to be approved for residence,but a decision on your own residence to de deferred. You could be granted a work visa during the period od deferment. I haven't had much to do with Russian NSC , but I don't imagine that they would take as long as some do. It is though reliant on Russian authorities responding to requests for information from their NZ counterparts. There is nothing you can do to speed things up

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Technically it's possible for your husband to be approved for residence,but a decision on your own residence to de deferred.
    I don't think that's right, the outcome is decided on the totality of application.

ChrisMwn, Thank you very much, you have given me some hope=)

Sun777, But I am not the principal applicant. Why should the descision for my husband be postponed because of me? Logically they shouldn't even start this check before they have approved all of his documentation, otherwise it's a waste of time doing that check if he won't be granted a residence visa.
    Last edited by Ripli; 17th April 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Sun777, But I am not the principal applicant. Why should the descision for my husband be postponed because of me? Logically they shouldn't even start this check before they have approved all of his documentation, otherwise it's a waste of time doing that check if he won't be granted a residence visa.
    From my interaction with our CO, that's only possible if your husband drops your name from the application. We faced similar issue when my partners medicals were referred to MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    From my interaction with our CO, that's only possible if your husband drops your name from the application. We faced similar issue when my partners medicals were referred to MA.
    Not correct. I stand by my earlier "information", based on past experience(s). Technically each person is treated an applicant and can be approved separately. This happens more commonly in SMC situations where partners (non principal applicants) have not met the "living together requirements", but the principal applicant is ready to be approved.

Worst case scenario is that neither of you can be approved until non-principal applicants NSC comes through, but work visas issued in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun777

Not correct. I stand by my earlier "information", based on past experience(s). Technically each person is treated an applicant and can be approved separately. This happens more commonly in SMC situations where partners (non principal applicants) have not met the "living together requirements", but the principal applicant is ready to be approved.

Worst case scenario is that neither of you can be approved until non-principal applicants NSC comes through, but work visas issued in the meantime
    What I mentioned above is about our case which is 100% accurate unless you have seen my application or spoken to our case officer (which is unlikely and I guarantee that! )

OP has not mentioned any issue with "living together requirements".

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    What I mentioned above is about our case which is 100% accurate unless you have seen my application or spoken to our case officer (which is unlikely and I guarantee that! )

OP has not mentioned any issue with "living together requirements".
    Extactly, What happened in your own application is not relevant here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast