Thread: Immigration from Malaysia

Default Immigration from Malaysia

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here can suggest a good migration agent/agency in Kuala Lumpur for NZ migration. If not in Kuala Lumpur, do we have better agencies in Singapore? And what are the advantages of hiring an agent over filing on our own? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Amrita View Post
    And what are the advantages of hiring an agent over filing on our own?
    Agencies are helpful if your case is complex or you have any unusual circumstances/need specialized information, usually most of the people on this forum follow DIY (Do it yourself) route as the documentation on INZ website is quite detailed. Agencies are expensive and in either case you will have to anyways gather the necessary documentation (yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by Amrita View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here can suggest a good migration agent/agency in Kuala Lumpur for NZ migration. If not in Kuala Lumpur, do we have better agencies in Singapore? And what are the advantages of hiring an agent over filing on our own? Thanks in advance.
    I DIY too. Like Sun777 has pointed if your case is straightforward (having a skilled job (better still if it's on LTSSL list), no complicated past, no criminal records, english literacy) and u have understood the INZ process/what need to be done at each stage, then I would suggest you to DIY. Agency in Malaysia charges a lot, more than 50% of the cost of DIY.

Hi All,

Let me introduce myself . I am Samrat Som having a 8 years of IT experience in the field of Computer Science. Having a Master Degree which obviously needs to be assessed by NZQA . Presently in Malaysia, and could assess from this thread that it takes a lot of money through Agent. But my point is that what will happen if the case get stuck due to some or the other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by samgegr8 View Post
    But my point is that what will happen if the case get stuck due to some or the other reason.
    It wont speed up anything even if you have an agent, agencies don't have any control over immigration process. Even they have to contact the Case Officer just like a normal applicant - the only difference is they act on applicant's behalf. As mentioned above if you expect any complexities in your case then consider applying through an agent.

p.s. The agents cannot guarantee outcome of any application with INZ but they can guide you on the correct process, supporting documents, waivers etc.