Thread: Need Help Buying a Jacket on TradeMe

Default Need Help Buying a Jacket on TradeMe

Hi everyone, good day!

Am rather new here, and am looking for some help in purchasing a clothing item on TradeMe. Currently living in Malaysia, so as you know I'm unable to register or buy from the site.

Item i'm looking for is a Kathmandu down jacket from several years ago, with the auction link below -
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/clothing-fa...-875138638.htm

My partner had one before, but it got badly stained after accidentally leaning against wet paint. Baby blue is like her favourite colour ever, but as this jacket was from some years ago, we cannot find it in stores anymore. Been searching on eBay for months but no luck either. Finally found one on TradeMe, so am rather desperate to get it.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me purchase it, and then forward to my location in Malaysia?

Of course I'll pay the full item and shipping cost, and also some more for your service. I can do it immediately via PayPal.

Please let me know if you'd be willing to help out? Thanks in advance

Haven't seen anyone responding to this and I'm not surprised with it, most likely its to avoid any risk. You might already know but there is a risk attached when people try to send items to international destinations and unwanted scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Haven't seen anyone responding to this and I'm not surprised with it, most likely its to avoid any risk. You might already know but there is a risk attached when people try to send items to international destinations and unwanted scrutiny.
    Yeah, I kind of expected it. Was really desperate to get the item and couldn't think of any other way, so thought I'd go out on a limb and try to see if anyone would be willing.

Personally, am taking a risk too by sending payment online without any guarantee of receiving the item, but having been to NZ several times on holiday and meeting some really wonderful people, I have great confidence. Been trading on eBay for many years with folks from various countries without any problems.

Still hoping someone might help before the auction closes in 3 days' though.

Just hit me.

If anyone with a TradeMe account can help me get the seller's e-mail, so I have a way to contact them, I'll be tremendously grateful.

I have asked for the email addy for you but if they give it will be another matter........watch this space :-)

Quote Originally Posted by catt View Post
    I have asked for the email addy for you but if they give it will be another matter........watch this space :-)
    Thank you so much for trying. Appreciate it !

Ok here you go: [Email edited out because of Forum Rule 10. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236 However, I've sent it to you privately, jermzz9.]

But here is what his answer was to my question:

Would like your email addy for someone who is interested in this jacket they have questions but no trade me account at the moment and can't get one until they arrive in Auckland in a couple of weeks time. Are you willing to provide the info? Cheers

Hi, if you click on my trader name you will see my contact details under my profile. Thanks 1:06 pm, Tue 21 Apr

Seller Comment: Sorry, forgot to mention in the above answer that any trade has to go through TM. Thanks 1:06 pm, Tue 21 Apr

Many many thanks to both of you, Sun777 and Catt.

Will just drop the seller a message, and try my luck