Thread: Need advice on renting house / with nearby schools

Default Need advice on renting house / with nearby schools

Hi All

I landed in Auckland few weeks back and i did manage to secure a job in Auckland.My office located in Symonds street.Currently i am staying in Mt.Wellington.
    Now my family is coming and i have a 5 yr old daughter whos going to start her standard 1.
    I am looking to find a house which has good schools in walking distance.( bcoz of my office timings i cant able to drop or pick her up from school and my wife dont know driving).I am confused which area i should to rent a house.any suggestions please.
    Few people told me Mt.Roskill and sandringham.But i need some useful tips and some links also

Looking for 1 bed room or 2 bed room houses / apartments in $300 to $350 per week rent.( walkable distance to schools)

Thanks
    Venkat

Quote Originally Posted by Venkat View Post
    Few people told me Mt.Roskill and sandringham.
    Looking for 1 bed room or 2 bed room houses / apartments in $300 to $350 per week rent.( walkable distance to schools)
    Yes, Sandringham, Mt Roskill, any suburbs around there are fine. You could use the map function on Trademe to find places near schools.
    The ERO reports are helpful for deciding between schools, as well as visiting the schools. http://ero.govt.nz/Early-Childhood-S...School-Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Venkat View Post
    Just be vary of the fact that due to shortage of homes, you might not get it all with that budget - you probably need to be open to budget of around $400 pw.