Thread: SMC ICT sales representative - Resident Visa EOI HELP urgent!!

Question SMC ICT sales representative - Resident Visa EOI HELP urgent!!

Hi There,

Request your help with my EOI. I am not seeking Immigration advisors/lawyers help because i feel it is unnecessary expense and that the Immigration manual is self explanatory. However, i am now in a fix cause of the following queries for which I need your experiences and knowledge

1. For me to apply under the SMC with my current job i.e. ICT sales rep. (under SMC Appendix 6 part a) i need to have a relevant recognized qualification and that the JD should match with the ANZSCO. The JD is exactly what i do however im not sure what a "relevant qualification" would be?
    I have completed Post grad diploma in Business Administration level 8 at NZ where i did have ITC related subjects buts its sales and management course basically. Do you think this is "relevant"?
    2. On the above point, I have over 6 years of work exp. in ICT sales& cust service in India would this count? In truth this experience got me my present job here at NZ. The other issue is that the experience i had was B2c and not B2B which the current job is
    3. I am not sure what essay should i write for the EOI on this particular question which states "You should explain what is in your job description and how this is consistent with the occupational tasks for your occupation in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) Also explain how your recognized qualification and/or work experience is relevant to your job"
    4. We are claiming points for hubbys job as well as he is also in the SMC - Training and Development (under SMC Appendix 6 part a). He has training experience which he gained in India but does not have a "relevant qualification" just a Bachelor of Commerce which is not NZQA certified as yet
    5. Need your feedback on the summary of the points I am claiming

Identity 25
    Character 0
    Health 0
    Skilled Employment 60
    Recognised Qualifications 60
    Recognised Work Experience 0
    Partner -
    Identity 0
    Character 0
    Skilled Employment 20 No

Kindly help, as I have only 4 months remaining on my Job search Visa and I am highly keen on settling here in NZ

How is this urgent? You still have 4 months and 24 more months once you get your graduate work experience visa.

im not sure what a "relevant qualification" would be?
    I have completed Post grad diploma in Business Administration level 8 at NZ where i did have ITC related subjects buts its sales and management course basically. Do you think this is "relevant"?
    A qualification is relevant if the material you studied contributes to what you now do in your line of work. You don't have to be using EVERYTHING you learnt on your course.

2. You will have checked with the operational manual to see that it can count. Otherwise, for relevance, if there is overlap, in that the past experience in a broadly similar area carries over and informs what you do now, it's relevant.

3. No essay is needed! You just quote the points under ANZSCO and describe what aspect of your responsibilities matches up to each one. INZ will ask you and your employer to give a job description, so it makes sense to ensure that the wording you use agrees with what the employer will have put. It doesn't necessarily have to be a perfect match, job description with ANZSCO points - most points covered will do.

4. You will have to work through and check whether his employment can meet the criteria here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6954.htm You will be able to get some points for his degree once it has been assessed.

5. Your list includes items such as 'health' and 'character' that don't ever have any points attached to them for anybody. Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6954.htm is the official list - it will probably be easier to work from that to check off what you can claim when once you have your evidence assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by swearwolves View Post
    How is this urgent? You still have 4 months and 24 more months once you get your graduate work experience visa.
    Thanks for your reply. I am on a graduate job search at the moment which expires in 4 months. I needed to make sure if im on the right job if you know what i mean cause even if i dont get the resident visa i should be able to take up a 2 years work visa and these relation/proofs will be required to justify at that stage too.
    Honestly urgent cause im filing the RV now

@JandM - Many thanks for your reply. You always come to the rescue when im confused special mention of my past post where you not just helped me understand the procedures better but also gave me the moral support . You are doing an amazing job here cant thanks enough

I now have the confidence to finish off with our application as it is pretty logical, considering that I already have the experience and the qualification I should be able to present it well too.

I am going through the manual in detail now. Will update once i submit the application.

Many Thanks! God Bless!

In that case, you need to hurry up coz residence applications usually take more than 4 months.

With regards to your NZ qualification, you need to prove that your qualification was a key factor in your employer's decision to hire you. Look for your qualification on the NZQF website and check if the information on that page is relevant to your ANZSCO job description. Without further details, it's hard for me to help you.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I have almost the same situation and I hope somebody can help me decide on what to do next. I have an SMC Job Search Visa and I will be accepting a work which is an ICT Sales Rep. I am hoping that this skilled job can help me obtain my RV. My concern is that my qualification is obtained overseas which is Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Communications Engineering which was assessed by NZQA as NZQF Bachelor of Engineering Technology Level 7. Do you think this will be sufficient to be granted an RV?

Thanks in advance for who will reply.

Looking at the INZ skills checker http://skillshortages.immigration.go...epresentative/, the requirements for points for skilled employment are as follows (click on the green bar).
    Requirements to claim points for skilled employment (Category A)

A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    OR
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    OR
    The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    OR
    Five years of relevant work experience.
    ANZSCO's listing for this job is here. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....+Professionals About qualifications, it says this.
    Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
    So your IQA shows your qualification to be at the correct level.

The job you're being offered is not on the LTSSL, so there is no requirement for your degree to match exactly with an NZ qualification to get bonus points. As you have a job offer, you only need 100 points for your EOI to be selected at the next draw, so you should have enough without bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The job you're being offered is not on the LTSSL, so there is no requirement for your degree to match exactly with an NZ qualification to get bonus points. As you have a job offer, you only need 100 points for your EOI to be selected at the next draw, so you should have enough without bonus points.
    Hi JandM, I already have an ongoing SMC application in which I have a deferred Residency that is why I have a Job Search Visa as of the moment. Based on the comment that you gave, seems I am good to go and submit this skilled job to have it assessed by INZ so they can grant me a Residency Visa.

Default Essential skill Visa

Hi,

I am in grey area with my PR process.
    Currently I'm on a essential skill visa and my JD Sales Representative (Wireless Broad Band Product) Full Time permanent.
    I have 3 years in Sales Experience in New Zealand & posses a Level 6 Business Management & Associate Charted Marketing (NZQA 6) Qualification.
    My Base pay around $35,000 + bonus

Question;

Will I be eligible for PR
    Will my pay be concern, if so please provide me a reference link explaining