Thread: Waiting reply from co

Default Waiting reply from co

My application was approved in principle about four months back. There are still two months to send my passports for visa labels. Due to my job constraints I could not start process earlier. About a week now I sent my details to case officer for migrant levy payment. I am waiting for a reply from case officer which will enable me to proceed further.

Need to know, how long it may take to get reply from case officer. Should I call case officer to intimate her about my mail. I have less than two months time limit to send my passport.

I think you should look at the information pack you will have received after you heard you were AIP, for the instructions about applying to pay the migrant levy and get your visa put in your passport. I believe it isn't anything to do with your CO any more. This information page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templates/Custom/OfficesAndFeesPopup.aspx?FRAMELESS=false&NRNODEGUI D={655C84F9-7E5C-4006-8841-7296DF2B84F2}&NRORIGINALURL=%2fNR%2fexeres%2f655C8 4F9-7E5C-4006-8841-7296DF2B84F2.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest seems to show you should be dealing with a VAC in London.

So long as you have sent your passport in (and it has been received) within the 6 month period that is all you need to worry about. Depending on the branch and how busy they are, the issuing of the residents visa might take 1-4 weeks

Thanks a lot JandM and Chris.

just curious: what happened to the exiting case when the assigned case officer is suddenly away from the office for about month?

I don't think there's one standard answer. It would probably depend on variables like the reason the official was away, the likelihood of him/her coming back from day to day, the availability (or not) of anyone else who could step in, etc., etc..