Thread: Kids activities - Weekdays and weekends

Default Kids activities - Weekdays and weekends

Hi All,
    Am not very familiar with NZ but i know that its a family oriented culture. Having said that what are activities kids are engaged in during weekdays ?
    Similarly for weekend ?

Are there set groups for play dates or is it an open park culture and anyone plays with anyone.
    More keen on cold days and maybe rainy days.

Just looking for some inputs (though i know every family has its own system) but still feeling a bit blank in this aspect.

Cheers

What age are you looking at?

Ours are between 11 and 15, and we have sports and music during weekdays and Saturday mornings. Also some Sunday afternoon. The older ones are in secondary school and do some activity in the school (school teams for sport, orchestra, etc), but the younger ones do mainly privately organised activities (music lessons and club sports).

We moved here when the younger ones were four and just started kindergarten, and as far as I recall most playdates where at someones house, not playgrounds.

Thanks a ton .
    My lil one is 7+ years old. Being a working mom, i need to think in lines of classes or something to keep her busy for evenings.

Cheers

As long as you can get her there and pick her up, there should be lots of stuff.