Thread: New Job opportunity in Auckland New Zealand, Relocation from Perth Advisable?

Cool New Job opportunity in Auckland New Zealand, Relocation from Perth Advisable?

Hi all,

I am thinking to relocate to Auckland New Zealand from Perth Western Australia. Is it advisable to move from Perth to Auckland? In total, we are family of four including two very young kids and I am the sole income earner.

The main questions I have are;

Cost of living in Auckland? - Average per monthly expenses.
    Quality of living in Auckland?
    Good, Affordable and nuisance-less areas in Auckland to live in?

and above all, please share pros and cons with reference to living in Perth.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Oh Thank You very much for these New Job Opportunity in Auckland ( New Zealand ) Relocation from Perth Advisable, because i looking for a Job form Last some Days.

Quote Originally Posted by garykertson View Post
    Oh Thank You very much for these New Job Opportunity in Auckland ( New Zealand ) Relocation from Perth Advisable, because i looking for a Job form Last some Days.
    I am afraid that is a misunderstanding......

Quote Originally Posted by ZNMD View Post
    Hi all,

I am thinking to relocate to Auckland New Zealand from Perth Western Australia. Is it advisable to move from Perth to Auckland? In total, we are family of four including two very young kids and I am the sole income earner.

The main questions I have are;

Cost of living in Auckland? - Average per monthly expenses.
    Quality of living in Auckland?
    Good, Affordable and nuisance-less areas in Auckland to live in?

and above all, please share pros and cons with reference to living in Perth.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
    Moving to NZ is more of a lifestyle decision than a career one. Auckland has a very high cost of living, mainly due to 'hot' property market and you can expect to pay easily 1/3rd of your salary for a rental. Job opportunities are less compared to Australia, and salaries have not kept pace with rising cost of living. Most of the people I know manage a decent lifestyle with both husband and wife working. Having said that, if you are keen for a relaxed lifestyle and a slower pace of life, Auckland might be for you. Also keep Wellington in your list, as it does not have that high cost of living.