Thread: Likely paranoia about updating address post AIP

Default Likely paranoia about updating address post AIP

I recently received my AIP through a partner-sponsored residence application. However, upon receiving (via email) I realised I never updated my address when my partner and I moved only a few weeks prior. Now I am wondering, should I bother updating the address or should I just leave as is as I can still receive mail from my previous address (I know the tenants) and send my passport to get the visa issued?

This is likely my overthinking everything waaaayyyy too much, but I am paranoid updating at this step may result in a withdrawal of my AIP as it was issued just after we moved (I believe INZ stipulates you must update if you move). Any thoughts?

No, of course it won't result in your AIP being withdrawn. There is no rule in the book saying, 'This person has satisfied all the requirements and has been thoroughly checked and now approved, but will now be penalized for the crime of the century - not stating their new address!'

In your place, I would send in the passport for the visa, AND add a note saying, 'We've now moved, and this is my present address.'