Thread: Is it OK to use immigration lawyer

Wink Is it OK to use immigration lawyer

I have came across one of the immigration lawyer who has promised to help me in the Visa Processing activity as well as in the Job Seeking Exercise. Her comes the question

1. How Reliable would be Immigration lawyer in terms of complicacies (like document of particular type is not available and other complicacies which I cannot think of now.
    2. Is there any people who takes immigration advice from lawyer who can help me ?
    3. I know nobody can help me to get a job, but I want to know what kind of job seeking assistance the lawyers can provide me ?

Thanks in Advance for being patient and reading all this. More thanks in advance for answering my questions

It is not necessary to have a lawyer to deal with such matters, unless yours is a very unusual case. Most people on the forum manage everything themselves. The offer the lawyer has made you is probably more about earning her money than about what you actually need.

1.The lawyer would probably know, but so would many people on the forum who have already dealt with this for themselves, and/or the Licensed Immigration Advisers who post here and answer questions for many people on the threads or in PMs, without charge.
    2. Hardly anyone on the forum has used a lawyer - only those whose situation was very unusual.
    3. You should ask her. It seems likely to me that all she would be intending to do would be to put your name through to an agency in NZ. YOU can contact agencies, and individual businesses for yourself. There is NO organization that can take all the work away from a migrant - each person has to get out there and look at advertisements and research the job market for themself.

The operation manual is more than enough. You don't need a lawyer unless your case is very complicated or your English is poor. I got my resident visa without needing any help from a lawyer.