Thread: Home Base established in New Zealand

Default Home Base established in New Zealand

Hi,

I've pasted RV 2.5.20 below and need some clarifications on that, please assist if some one knows answers for that

1) Is there any minimum limit of property value to be bought?.

2) Any specific place that I've to purchase property?, or it can be any where in New Zealand?.

3) Property can be either 1 bed room, any minimum # of room requirement?

3) non principal applicants need to occupy that property for how long?.
    My family is in Auckland since 17 March but in rented apartment, so they must complete 3 months in the purchased property each year? and then for the rest of months can be abroad with me?.

4) I've activated my residency on 17 of March, stayed for a month but return back to my previous contract employment in Central Asia, do I've to be in NZ any further days to satisfy requirement for Base Established in New Zealand, if my family able to complete 184 days in 2 year period in my own property?.

RV2.5.20 Base established in New Zealand
    A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have established a base in New Zealand. A principal applicant is considered to have established a base in New Zealand if:
    each and every member of their immediate family who was included in their application for a resident visa has resided in New Zealand for at least 184 days in the two year period immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made; and
    they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of at least 41 days in the 12 months immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made; and either
    they own and maintain a family home in New Zealand;
    or
    they have been engaged in full time continuous genuine employment in New Zealand immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made.
    For the purpose of these instructions applicants are considered to own and maintain a family home in New Zealand if:
    they have purchased a residential property in New Zealand within 12 months of their first day in New Zealand as a resident and still own that property either solely or jointly with members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa; and
    they and/or members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa occupy that property.

Evidence of owning and maintaining a home in New Zealand includes but is not limited to items in the name of the applicant and/or members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa such as:
    mortgage documents or title deeds to the residential property
    rates demands
    home and contents insurance cover
    invoices for telephone, electricity, gas, or water
    documents showing that household effects have been moved to New Zealand

Thanks for your answers!.

The answers to 1,2 and 3 are "No", but you cannot rent out the property when you/your family are not occupying it. it must be retained as a family home ansd occupied by you/your family as per the number of days mentioned as a minimum. You need to show that you have met all the requirements of this section e.g household shipped to NZ, home and contents insurance etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    The answers to 1,2 and 3 are "No", but you cannot rent out the property when you/your family are not occupying it. it must be retained as a family home ansd occupied by you/your family as per the number of days mentioned as a minimum. You need to show that you have met all the requirements of this section e.g household shipped to NZ, home and contents insurance etc etc
    well how about if we can buy all household stuff from market or online all necessary items for living, would that be enough?.
    yep as soon as I'll buy and set up home, family is going to move in, I don't have property buying experience in NZ, will read all document and consult, but just pop up question in mind, how INZ going to know that my family has been living there 184 days, there is no such registration process for every individual that he/she is residing in that address?

thanks for your answers.