Thread: RV Condition on Dependents

Default RV Condition on Dependents

Dear Group Members,

I would like to have a small information regarding the conditions for dependents holding an RV. We are suppose to enter NZ in September 2015 as first entry. we will then return back and plan to re-enter within 6 months to meet the 184 days condition in the first year of the RV.

The question is:

1- The 184 days/year conditions hold for principal applicant or it hold for dependents also.
    2- What if the dependents make there first entry in September 2015 and return back and doesn't fulfill the 184days/year condition would they be eligible for the PRV if they are short of 184+184 in 2 years.

What does the immigration guide say about this case.

URgent please.

Br.

Onlyt the principal applicant needs to meet the time spent requirements if you are applying for PRV under the 184 day rule. dependents, apart from making initial entry are not required to spend any time in NZ.

Same as answer above.

Quote Originally Posted by emi257 View Post
    1- The 184 days/year conditions hold for principal applicant or it hold for dependents also.
    Only Principal applicant

Quote Originally Posted by emi257 View Post
    2- What if the dependents make there first entry in September 2015 and return back and doesn't fulfill the 184days/year condition would they be eligible for the PRV if they are short of 184+184 in 2 years.
    Yes, they will be eligible

What's the urgency?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Same as answer above.

Only Principal applicant

Yes, they will be eligible

What's the urgency?
    Dear SUn777,

Good to hear this...I had all my plans depending on this clause.

Are there any renewal conditions stick to it. I mean regardless of the spending 184 days/year, is it required by dependents to renew / stamp visa / re-enter again after every year to keep the condition of PRV intact.

Can some one also please post the immigration clause for my reference from the immigration guide.

Thanks,

September is a long way away, dude. Relax; this is not urgent. Also, a PRV doesn't have any conditions, which conditions are you talking about?

RV2.5.20 http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30505.htm

INZ will know when any or all of the family are or are not in the country because their exits and re-entries will be logged on the Immigration computer, so you don't need to worry about evidence of that for when it comes to applying for PR.