Thread: Please suggest - Which City in NZ shall IT guy come looking for a IT job

Question Please suggest - Which City in NZ shall IT guy come looking for a IT job

Hi,

I have NZ Residence visa and planning to make a trip for NZ for job search in IT field. Could you please suggest to which city shall I make a move with high chances of getting a job quickly.

If possible please post the area to live in which shall be close to the vicinity of Job Recruitment Consultants/ Companies?
    I shall be moving alone and my monthly budget is not more than 1000 NZD including Sharing accommodation, Food, Commute.

Regards,
    Ankur
    Last edited by Ankur; 28th April 2015 at 11:44 PM.

It is highly depending on your experience and skill set. Wellington or Christchurch will be easy choices and Auckland will be the tough one because 1. Too many people in the IT industry and cost of living is too high compared to Wellington or Christchurch

$1000 would be really tight in a place like Auckland where most of the IT jobs are. You can look at spending around $150 for sharing accommodating (flatmate/PG) without meals, around $20 for outside meals (cheaper if you can cook) plus about $10/day public transport. Also, add phone and other small expenses.I suppose ~$1300 should be comfortable, without too much hassle. Check which city has more jobs for your skillset and move there. If you have to travel to another city for Interview, usually it is borne by the Company.

Thanks aparnag and Otaku