Thread: Partner Visa oddness

thegrimfandango Guest

Default Partner Visa oddness

Hey there,

There's not much anyone here can tell me about specifics, but I want to see if this issue is unheard of, or normal practice for INZ.
    Have applied for 1 year work visas due to having residency in progress, and current visas expiring soon. Partner went for essential skills, I went for partner of someone with work visa at same time.
    Partner was told she'd get news on a decision last week, but called as heard nothing. CO not avail, so helpline sent mail to CO (we've been given no details of case officers for work visa - we have to go through helpline for info). Heard nothing back.
    Today, I got a parcel containing my passport and docs as well as my partners passport and job description, along with payment receipts for both our applications. I have a shiny new work visa based on partnership and letter to match, but she has no letter and nothing in her passport. This doesn't really make sense, given that my partnership of a worker visa is wholly dependent on her also getting a work visa, and why would they send me back her documents?
    Online status not updated, no e-visa issued for her. She's tried calling but all they'll tell her is that 'a decision is made but the case isn't closed', and her CO is still not avail and hasn't responded to last weeks email.
    What gives? How could my visa come through before hers? Surely mine isn't valid if she doesn't have one.

What you say seems odd to me as well. I haven't seen anyone else tell about anything comparable. Sorry.

SNAFU, but not unusual. Most likely a support officer has returned her passport with yours. You partners application will continue to be processed, and at some point they wil go looking for the passport. They'll probably just then do an e-visa. Nothing in all this effects the validity of your visa.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 29th April 2015 at 03:36 PM.