Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visitor Parent Category - How long?

Default Visitor Parent Category - How long?

Hi guys, trying to get mother to visit NZ under parent route in december time frame. With that timeframe in mind, when should we start logging the application? Not sure how long it takes to process the parent route under current NZ immigration?

If we apply now, and got approved. Can she wait until December to leave for NZ?

Thx

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ors.htm#parent Do you mean you want to try to get her this multiple-entry visa?

what nationality and where would you be lodging the application? Are you sure she's not visa waiver?

Yes Jan that's the one. Nationality is Cambodia and will send out application from NZ, but my mom is still in Cambodia.

It seems that my previous question or original question was never answered. Anyone knows?

It looks as though nobody has gone through this process from Cambodia. It looks as though she will have to apply to the INZ office in Bangkok, and this is their processing times page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ns/default.htm, but there is no specific mention of the parent/grandparent visa.

I THINK your mother will need to arrive in NZ to use the visa for the first entry within three months of its date of issue. I can't find anything in the regulations to check my memory on that point, so let's hope someone who has done this can give the information.

An application for a visitor visa for someone in Cambodia would be processed in Bangkok. Assuming you have all the required information expect a 3-5 week processing time after lodgement. The visa when issued might come with a " entry date" either 1 or 3 months after the date of issue, ("must enter by") . I be lodgjng, say in August?

So because it's Cambodia, we cannot apply for mom's visa under Parent category that has multiple entries? The parent category only applies to some countries?

Timeline wise, if it's approved in June, so she has until Sept to go to NZ, right? That would not work good as we want her to enter in December thats when we have time off. So sounds like we'll have to apply in October then? can we put expected date to enter NZ on the application so we can apply now?
    Last edited by nzbie; 12th May 2015 at 10:21 AM.

So because it's Cambodia, we cannot apply for mom's visa under Parent category that has multiple entries? The parent category only applies to some countries?
    No, this isn't what I meant. I simply mean that their processing times page does not mention it, so I haven't anything to go on to guess how long the processing time might be.

oh okay. so based of what Chis said you think my math is correct?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast