Thread: General visitor visa OR Partnership-based temp visa for my gf???

Wink General visitor visa OR Partnership-based temp visa for my gf???

Hi there.

I have called the immigration office 4 times and each time different officer would tell me different forms to fill in for bringing my gf to NZ.(she lives in JP) First of all, I and my gf have not lived together before and have been together for about 4 months..

2 officers told me to fill in
    1017 - Visitor Visa
    1025 - Sponsorship form
    2 other officers told me to fill in
    1098 - partnership-based temp visa application
    1146 - form for partners supporting partnership-based temp entry application
    1025 - Sponsorship form
    * one officer said not to fill in "1098" because we have not lived together before.
    I know the best thing to do would be to call the immigration office to find an answer to this but each officer has been telling me different answers!

which forms should I be filling in? My gf's intension to come to nz is to live with me and eventually to work in NZ. So she is willing to stay in NZ for longer than 24 months.

Thank you.

Ok, so for the moment she is just coming to NZ to visit you. Assuming she is a Japanese national she can do that under visa waiver and just requires an outward ticket. her purpose if lawful in that she is vising friends. Once she is here and you are living together in a relationship you can lodge an application for partnership visa, with, as described:1098 - partnership-based temp visa application
    1146 - form for partners supporting partnership-based temp entry application, and evidence that you are currently living together.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Ok, so for the moment she is just coming to NZ to visit you. Assuming she is a Japanese national she can do that under visa waiver and just requires an outward ticket. her purpose if lawful in that she is vising friends. Once she is here and you are living together in a relationship you can lodge an application for partnership visa, with, as described:1098 - partnership-based temp visa application
    1146 - form for partners supporting partnership-based temp entry application, and evidence that you are currently living together.
    Thank you ChrisMwn for your input. So are you saying she will need to pre-puchase the outward ticket back to Japan but not going to use it as we will be lodging an application for partnership visa?

Quote Originally Posted by thesamurainz View Post
    Thank you ChrisMwn for your input. So are you saying she will need to pre-puchase the outward ticket back to Japan but not going to use it as we will be lodging an application for partnership visa?
    Doesn't have to be a return ticket, just an outward ticket, say to Australia. Or pay a little more and buy a ticket that is refundable or transferable. I'm sure you use the ticket at some stage