Thread: Police clearance certificate(PCC)

Default Police clearance certificate(PCC)

Hi,
    Do we have to give all the time PCC when we apply for residency. I gave last year when i applied for residency in SMC but it got declined. But this year i am applying under family category based on my partner. So, I want know I have to give a PCC again when i am applying for my residency.
    Thanks

yes, PCC is valid for 6 months only.

d.If police certificates were submitted with a previous application:

iv.they can be accepted for a residence class visa application under the Partnership Category (F2) or the Dependent Child Category (F5) made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificates.

Hi how long does it take for a PCC to be obtained? Our CO informed us they were waiting on it on 20th April 2015. Thought would have heard back by now.

A police check from where?

assuming he means a NZ PC done directly by INZ. I think currently 2-3 weeks. so if it went on 20 April , can be too far away.,

Hi yes its police check from INZ... we called our CO yesterday and was told they would have a decision to us within 7 days we then asked if there was any chance of having an answer sooner and they said ok Monday. Apparently our file is with the CO’s supervisor for checking with regards to his character. The thing is that my hubby committed a VERY minor misdemeanour he was a teenager – without going into detail it was his first and only offence – however he got he got a 12mth supervision order and he has never been in any trouble ever since had to write a letter outlining the circumstances and why he should be granted a character – he put together a fantastic letter to show that he is remorseful for this misdemeanour and he is now a hardworking, ambitious and mature person and that he has done a lot of community charity work and has ran his own successful business for the past 10 years with an totally unblemished record and we want to make a good and honest life for ourselves in NZ etc. Its going to be a lonnggg weekend waiting sat in limbo land! Has anyone ever been declined on the basis of a minor conviction?