Thread: More Points Required to apply for Sponsorship

Default More Points Required to apply for Sponsorship

Hi everyone! First post on here. Some really interesting and helpful articles that I have found so far.

Was just a general enquiry about those who have gone through the whole sponsorship and points system with New Zealand. I am from the UK and currently living in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa. I have only 80 points as I am 24 so under 30 (30 points) and have a Bachelors degree in Marketing and Sports Development (50 points). Has there been anyone else in the same boat as me who have managed to get the points required somehow? I have tried to look for employment with sponsorship possibilities but have struggled to find anything in my field so far and my degree is not on the skilled migrant list. Have considered going into other areas of work which would be on the skilled migrant list in order to get the points required to make the cut. Has anyone gone through this route and have any advice or ideas for me to get the points required?
    Any help and advice would be great appreciated

I assume that you are meaning that your qualification is not on the list of qualifcations exempt from assessment? ("LORQ"). If you get a job offer that is relevant to your previous work experience and is on the list of skilled employment and you have the amount of relevant work experience that ANZSCO says you can substitute then you would get through withour having to worry about qualification points, or have an individual qualification assessment done. I would have thought there would have been a lot of roles around that would have a sports marketing/development requirement. PM me if you like when you have 5 posts.