Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership Work Visa Evidence

Smile Partnership Work Visa Evidence

Hello everyone
    I have been looking through this forum for quite a while now and while it was very helpful to read about other people’s experiences nothing was there that quit about my situation.. Also I have been on the phone with immigration quite a bit it seemed like every time I called there they had a different answer which just ended up confusing me more. So I was wondering if someone might be able to give me some advice.
    The background: my Partner is a Kiwi and we met in the middle of 2013 while I was an exchange student here in NZ at the end of the year I had to go back to Germany. After a couple of Month my Partner came to Germany and we lived together with my parents. Since then we returned in September of 2014 to New Zealand together me being on a Working Holiday visa which seemed easiest at the time. We are living at the moment with his parents now. Since my visa is ending in a couple of month I wanted to get aplly for a Partnership based temporary visa soon preferably a two year one because I want to go for residence after wards. so we have enough time to get more evidence because that is a what I am worried about. Since we have been living together for over a year I was told that a limited medical was enough but now I am not sure anymore if we have enough proof that that is actually the case… So would it be safer to get the general medical done in case they don’t accept that we have been living together for this period of time?
    This what I have got so far

Photos of us together and me with his family and the other way around
    Relationship Timeline
    E-tickets (both our names)
    Official letters to me (Germany)
    Hotel bookings (sometimes just in his name and second person, sometimes both of us)
    Ird letter addressed to me at (NZ)
    Official Letters addressed to my Partner (NZ )
    Gp receipts with an address on it (both our names in both countries)
    Letters of Confirmation from several people (including that we have lived with my parents and his)
    Skype, Facebook and Letters to each other while we were apart and before

I am really not sure this is enough? When I talked to immigration they always didn’t really want to say anything which I understand but it sort of felt like they would give financial interdependence more weight. is that right or doesn’t it really matter what sort of evidence I give? And is there anything that I could do to get more evidence in this situation? Any help would be so much appreciated thank you

I'm looking here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../familystream/
    Submit evidence that you meet health requirements

The evidence that you supply depends on how long you intend to work in New Zealand.

Working for more than six months but less than a year

You must provide a completed Chest X-Ray Certificate (INZ 1096) PDF if you have risk factors for tuberculosis. If you have already provided this certificate within the last 36 months you may not need to provide a new certificate.
    Working for more than a year

You must provide a completed medical certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096) PDF. If you are not the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident the medical certificate you must provide is a General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007) PDF.

If you are the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident and you meet the requirements to be granted residence under the Partnership Category, the medical certificate you must provide is a Limited Medical Certificate (INZ 1201) PDF. However, if you were eligible for inclusion in your partner’s residence application (if applicable) but were not included in, or were withdrawn from your partner’s residence application, you must provide a General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007).

These certificates must be less than 3 months old when you submit your application unless you have already provided these certificates in the last 36 months.

Pregnant women and children under the age of 11 years are not required to submit chest X-ray certificates unless a special report is required.
    It looks clear from this that you have been told correctly that you only need the limited medical. However, supposing INZ later found that they wanted you to have a full medical, which is very unlikely, you could always get it done at the time. There is no need to overthink things now, and try to cover all the 'what if' points.

Things like joint bank accounts are an easy example for an official to mention because it's on the INZ list of possible evidence, but if you didn't have one all along, you can't go back in time to start one 12 months ago! Another way to show something financial is to look at your individual bank statements and highlight wherever one of you paid for something which was for both of you. For instance, maybe you or he chipped in to household expenses for the parents you were staying with, or paid a hotel bill for two, or bought tickets when you were travelling.

Other kinds of evidence you can still add in. Do you belong to clubs or classes that have the home address for either/both of you on record? Have you consulted a doctor so your address is recorded as the same as his? At work, have they got the other partner recorded as next of kin to be notified in case of illness? Are you named on his insurance, if any?

But it looks as though you have got a good spread of evidence anyway. Be assured, EVERYBODY doubts their case when they are about to submit the application - it's fear of the unknown.

Incidentally, keep on collecting evidence (two or three things a week, even) at every chance all the time the application is in, and even afterwards before and during the application for Residence. They will be asking for more just before giving each visa - this is standard practice to make sure they don't hand over a visa to someone whose relationship has just broken up.

thank you for your fast reply. I will just get the limited medical done than. I was just unsure because another person at inz said i should do the general medical but didnt really say a reason so this helps.

No at the moment i am not in any clubs but i have been thinking if getting a libary card. Yes i have been to a medical centre but we dont have any of the other thinbfs at the moment. But i will look into that!
    I wasnt aware you could do that with the credit card statements but that is good to know. The thing is for most of the smaller household expenses like groceries we paid with cash an we still sometimes do. That we have the receipts for those wouldnt count for anything woud it? Would it be okay if i printed out the statements from my online baking or would i need the actual statements?
    I have another question if i have skype and other conversations can i just print them out or do i have to get them certified in some way?

It is good to hear that. Because the people at INZ put even more doubt in my head about not having enough.

Yes i will do that. Maybe that will help so i wont stress to much next time. Thank you so much fr all your help!

That we have the receipts for those wouldnt count for anything woud it?
    Having the receipt isn't as strongly linked to you as if you ALSO had it recorded in one or other's bank or credit card statement, but circumstantial is better than nothing.

About printouts of bank statements, see this thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44854 ChrisMwn and Karen Phillips are both Licensed Immigration Advisers, so you can take their advice as being sound.

I haven't heard of anybody getting Skype etc. certified - I don't know how you could.

See here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof for more threads about evidence for partnership - reading through those may give you more inspiration for what to collect. If you're not doing anything in particular in any passing week, at least keep up the photos of both of you. If there's nobody around who will take a picture of you both together, then take photos of each other with the same recognizable thing, or distinctively dressed other person, in the background, so it's obvious you were both in the same place at the same time, and routinely print off, label and date these for future submission.

Default partnership base temp work visa

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Having the receipt isn't as strongly linked to you as if you ALSO had it recorded in one or other's bank or credit card statement, but circumstantial is better than nothing.

About printouts of bank statements, see this thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44854 ChrisMwn and Karen Phillips are both Licensed Immigration Advisers, so you can take their advice as being sound.

I haven't heard of anybody getting Skype etc. certified - I don't know how you could.

See here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof for more threads about evidence for partnership - reading through those may give you more inspiration for what to collect. If you're not doing anything in particular in any passing week, at least keep up the photos of both of you. If there's nobody around who will take a picture of you both together, then take photos of each other with the same recognizable thing, or distinctively dressed other person, in the background, so it's obvious you were both in the same place at the same time, and routinely print off, label and date these for future submission.

HI JAND

im new to this forum.
    i need ur help. im married to a kiwi girl in nov 2013 but we were in relation feb 2012. i have all supporting evidences. before we living in Australia together. i got my visa problem so i depart Australia but my wife still there. she 9+ month pregnant and her delivery is due any time.
    now its our planing to move to NZ . but residence class visa takes 9-12 months for processing.
    my friend suggested me to apply for NZ visitor visa or work visa on partner based.
    my confusion is if i applied for visit visa it will process quickly but i can't work in NZ.
    so i decided to apply for work visa. how long it will takes for processing?? presently im in India.
    plz help

I suggest you use this http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm to find out which INZ office you would need to apply to, then Google "Immigration NZ (whichever) branch processing times" and it will come up with a page from your branch to tell you their best guess at how long it will take for your application to go through. I guess you are thinking of applying for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../familystream/

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

I managed to do this for facebook logs. What you do is find a Justice of the Peace in your country and have him and youself sign that the stuff you downloaded from the net is true and has not been altered in any form etc... like a statutory declaration

Hi jand

Thanks for ur quick responce.
    Yes i want to apply for partnership based temporary work permit.
    Im in india now. The nz embassy in India saying that the processing time for partner work visa is like that..
    They said u will get email from CO with in 10 days after u loged ur application. They will suggest the time frame..
    They didn't mention the exect time frame like 2 months or 3 months..
    That's why im confused..

INZ never can say EXACTLY how long it will take to process one person's visa. Every case is different, because they have to verify THAT person's evidence, which means contacting the people who gave the evidence, and each person may or may not reply quickly. Then, waiting times in the office for it to be that case's turn to be looked at can be long or short, depending on how many people applied for visas just before you did. Every applicant can only know for certain, 'It takes as long as it takes,' which is frustrating because we would all like to feel in control, but that's not possible.

Hi JandM
    I wasn't sure if I should submit them but I will do that anyway than. and try to find somewhere where the purchases show up on the bank statement too.

thanks for the links that is really good to know. Yes looking through those is really helpful. I just wish I had been more organised before I came here because now it makes it more difficult to get all the bankstatements and other things i still left there from Germany.

You said that you didn't know how you could get it certified which sheepland replied to- thank you for that! but do you think immigration would still accept it if it wasn't? Thank you so much for what you said so far it is really helpful!

hi sheepland
    Thank you I will look into that and see if I it is possible for Skype. Can I ask how you went about it did you screenshot part of the conversation or did you do it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast