Thread: Joint Residency

Default Joint Residency

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for EOI under skilled migrant category and it got selected and I have also got ITA email. I have included my girl friend in my application. We are in relationship for past 3 years from India but we are not currently living together (she is in New Plymouth and I am in Auckland). We don't have sufficient evidence as per the partnership checklist I got with ITA email. My question is even if we don't have sufficient evidence for partnership will I get my residency or they will put my residency in hold too due to lack of partnership evidence?

Thanks.

If you lived together in the past, and can show strong evidence of that, also of staying in close contact although currently living apart, it is possible INZ may consider your girlfriend sufficiently qualified. However, for INZ, partnership is ALWAYS defined as a live-in situation, so though you have been emotionally close for some time, if you did not formally live together, it will not pass.

In that situation, you will almost certainly have to formally remove your girlfriend from your application to allow your own case to go through.

If that happens so you get Residence, then later your girlfriend comes to live with you, you would be able to sponsor her for a partner-sponsored work visa first, then residence.

Hi gowtham
    Please can i know when or which draw was your Eoi selected was it the 29th april 2015?

Thank you for your quick response JandM.

My EOI got selected in 15th April Catash.

Its not a question of whether you are approved, more about your partner. If you cant meet the "living together for 12 months requirement" but are in a genuine relationship, then INZ can approve you, but defer a decision on your partner until you satistfy them that you have lived together for 12 months