Thread: Medical & Chest X-Ray Certificate

Default Medical & Chest X-Ray Certificate

Greetings.

I’m planning to send my application next week and my question is, if I send it next week, can I still use the old Medical & Chest X-Ray Certificate dated March 2005 or do I have to use the new application dated August 2005?

Also when they says that "Applicants should use the form Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate (NZIS 1007), dated August 2005. From 28 November 2005, only the new certificate will be accepted. If an applicant completes a copy of the Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate dated March 2005, it will be accepted only if the application is lodged before 28 November 2005 ", what does it mean? Does it mean that my application should be in the London office before November 28 ( London is my processing office)?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi there,
    hope I can help. We had our meds on 19th Oct and used "old" forms dated March 2005. These are only valid to be submitted with ITA until Nov 28th - after this date there are new medical requirements including more blood tests - and then the new AUg 2005 form kicks in alongside a helluva increase in the cost of the medicals. If you have had your meds and used the old forms then yes my impression is that you must have your application into London by NOv 28th or else your medicals are invalid and you will have to have them done again (ouch - physically, bloods and financially a pain to your wallet) Shoot me down out there if i've got any of this wrong !!

Looks like you've both got it right to me. Get them in before the 28th and Good Luck

Deborah

Default new medicals

We have got our medicals booked for 16th november, but may not get our ITA in before 28 as police reports not back. Having spoken to the girl at the doctors, she told me that this medical would still stand for the 3 months, it is just that people will have to have the new medical after the 28 november. So as i see it, you dont have to have your ITA in before 28, it is just that from the 28, you have to have the new medical. Hope this is right as this is what the girl at the surgery told me.

Helen

HI Helen,
    this could be right - but if I were you or Knx501 I'd check on NZIS website - not being funny but we went to Dukes Med Centre (read the thread on that, I think katandbob started it) and our experience was that the receptionist in surgery basically didn't know their **** form their elbow. When did you apply for Police check - will your 40 days not be up before end of this month ? Of the subject (sorry other readers) Helen, what did you send to Teacher's Council to register and is it through for you yet as I noticed you've started job hunting. Ta for now,
    Tracey

Hi Tracey, teachers council ???? did you mean me? I am not a teacher, i'm a medical secretary, sorry, OH is main applicant. I have been job hunting emailing the hospitals and such, had a very good response, but all want me when we arrive in nz, not got a job offer from over here. Sorry not sure if you were asking me, or someone else.

Helen

Sorry Helen,
    thinking of someone else - did you go to Manchester Expo - loads of Health Authorities there - and very little for education !!

Knx501- not sure what country you are in but I am in the US applying for a partner visa. Some in the US sent their apps to London, I sent mine to DC as did others. I have had VERY timely responses from the DC office. I also understand that the office (s) get very busy at the end of the year. They requested addtional info from me and asked that they receive it by 30 Nov because they get swamped.

Hope this helps.