Thread: What is the Fee, processing time and how about bringing family member as skilled migrant.

Lightbulb What is the Fee, processing time and how about bringing family member as skilled migrant.

Can some expert please guide:
    What is the immigration fee per person if applying as a skilled migrant. (We are three family members; I, my wife and 1 year kid).
    How much processing time they take once we put all the case after invitation.
    Can i skip my family temporarily while i have also claimed points of spouse( plan is to initially go alone and call family later).

Thanks much,

Use this page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm to find out which office of INZ you would need to submit to (which depends on where you live), and what the fee would be for you.

When you find out which office, Google "Immigration NZ (whichever) branch processing times," and you will find a page that comes up telling you their best guess at how long processing will take for the different kinds of visas. This is never a promise, because 1) all applications are different, with different amounts of checking involved, and 2) it partly depends on the workload in that office, with the flow of submissions being variable and unpredictable.

If you get granted Residence, after you have the visa put in each family member's passport, that visa has to be activated by the person arriving at a NZ airport within 12 months (or it will lapse). But secondary applicants, such as your wife and family, do not have to stay in NZ at that time if you have not made a home ready for them yet - they can just have a short visit then go back till you send for them.