Thread: Apply for SMC Resident visa and submit NZQA later.

Unhappy Apply for SMC Resident visa and submit NZQA later.

Hi folks,

I'm a bit worried as I'm applying for SMC Resident visa, my qualifications is on the list of qualification exempted from Assessment so I don't need NZQA but my wife's isn't and hence she needs NZQA done.

Her PAR result was Level 9 and we applied her IQA 25 days after receiving ITA. NZQA is telling me that it takes 35 days AFTER it's been picked up by the Evaluater. (Don't know how long does it take to pick up the file).

So, I was thinking to send my ITA documents and submit NZQA later. Is that possible?

How far ahead is the date for submission of your ITA?

Thanks for response. Deadline is 10th July.

You still have ample amount of time for the IQA to be processed. NZQA usually says that it takes 4-8 weeks but I have seen cases where it was done in less than 4 weeks. Mine was done 4-8 weeks since i had submitted just before Christmas holidays. Worst case scenario you can reach out to NZQA(Call/email) by end of May or early june and inform them you need to submit ITA by July'15. I did the same and i received my IQA with 4 weeks to be submit my ITA.

So get all your ITA documents ready except your wife's IQA and be ready to send it once you receive the ITA from NZQA.

Okay, great! Thanks for your response