Thread: Essential skill work visa - processing time

Default Essential skill work visa - processing time

Hi, I've applied for Essential skill visa, lodgement date 13march and til now there's still no result yet, as INZ keep pushing it to waiting for NZ police check. Does anyone else this similar problem? And how can I try to ask them to speed things up. Also, I have lost confidence with my immigration adviser (pd $1500 fees) and will lodge a formal complaint to IAA.

Appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thank you.

I doubt if your immigration adviser is deliberately delaying your application, this could as well be with INZ but you can always complain and see what comes out but if it genuinely isnt your agent then you might be risking your relation with him/her.

There is no way to push INZ for faster results, there could be tasks outside your Case officers control or queue of cases he/she might be working on which could be causing delays.

I've lost confidence due to fact that she didn't mentioned the standard 25 days processing time, and she sent out the application just a week short of the expiry of previous visa. Am currently on interim, which means I've been jobless for more than a month now. None of these risks was mentioned/converse in our discussions. My previous employer had decided to terminate my employment due to this delay.
    Last edited by rynn625; 8th May 2015 at 01:57 PM.

Not to say that there may not be issues with the agent's actions. But INZ literally CANNOT proceed to issue a visa without the police check. If that one piece of paper is not there, even an application that is ready in every other detail cannot be put through.

As of today 16 May, INZ still awaiting NZ police check report.

INZ Manager of the branch informed that my application has now moved to 'priority' processing, they will provide update as soon as the police check result is out. *fingers crossed*

Sorry for late update. My work visa was (finally) approved on 2nd June.

Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end.

Glad it all worked out well for you

Quote Originally Posted by rynn625 View Post
    I've lost confidence due to fact that she didn't mentioned the standard 25 days processing time, and she sent out the application just a week short of the expiry of previous visa. Am currently on interim, which means I've been jobless for more than a month now. None of these risks was mentioned/converse in our discussions. My previous employer had decided to terminate my employment due to this delay.
    Hi Rynn625 , I am wondering how did you get the visa sorted , if your employer decided to terminate employment. I am kind of in a similar situation. My employer was considering to terminate my employment due to the delay of my visa.

Thanks