Thread: Failed Lodgement - Skilled Work Immigrant

Question Failed Lodgement - Skilled Work Immigrant

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and hoping someone can assist in clarifying my concerns.

My wife and I submitted our Skilled Migrant Expression of Interest and got selected mid of Feb 2015 (we qualified since we had above 140 points).

We gathered all the documents they required in the checklist (ITA) and ensured everything is sent complete besides the Medical documents, as those were filled and taken from us by the doctor when they submitted our eMedical.

After 3 days of receiving our documents, I got an update of our Resident Visa application saying "Failed Lodgements".

We were not contacted by an officer nor received an explanation of why it failed and I read online where it said that failed lodgements basically mean that we submitted incomplete documents.

Where can I inquire more about what documents were missing or at least why has it "failed"?

Is this normal to have a failed lodgement?
    Does that mean we will have to resubmit a new EOI? Or just resubmit the missing documents?
    What will happen to the fee we paid?

We are really concerned and not sure where we can get more information and explanation.

Judging by this old thread http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40681 it should be possible to sort out this situation. Karen Phillips, replying there, is a Licensed Immigration Adviser, so you can rely on the information.

It may be that a communication from INZ explaining why your lodgement has failed has yet to get to you. It's not in your spam folder, is it? Otherwise, in your place, I would phone INZ on their general number and ask what is going on - if the person answering can't immediately find the information, push to talk to a supervisor, or to know contact details for somebody who will be able to give you the answers you need.

I had this happen to me! I heard from INZ about 3 days after my status changed to 'failed lodgement' All my documents arrived back the next day, including a letter explaining exactly what I had neglected to include. In my case I was missing a criminal record check from a country where my partner had citizenship, though had not lived in since he was a baby. We did not have to resubmit an EOI - they gave us three months to send the application back, completed. It was annoying and nerve-wracking at the time, but just a little blip in the whole process now. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bkbk8 View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to the forum and hoping someone can assist in clarifying my concerns.

My wife and I submitted our Skilled Migrant Expression of Interest and got selected mid of Feb 2015 (we qualified since we had above 140 points).

We gathered all the documents they required in the checklist (ITA) and ensured everything is sent complete besides the Medical documents, as those were filled and taken from us by the doctor when they submitted our eMedical.

After 3 days of receiving our documents, I got an update of our Resident Visa application saying "Failed Lodgements".

We were not contacted by an officer nor received an explanation of why it failed and I read online where it said that failed lodgements basically mean that we submitted incomplete documents.

Where can I inquire more about what documents were missing or at least why has it "failed"?

Is this normal to have a failed lodgement?
    Does that mean we will have to resubmit a new EOI? Or just resubmit the missing documents?
    What will happen to the fee we paid?

We are really concerned and not sure where we can get more information and explanation.

Application fail lodgement for all sorts of reasons. That might be documents not being originals or certified copies, short birth certificates not long form ones, missing or out odd date documents et etc. so long as you are still with the four month ITA period you won't have to start again. If it's RFL then I'd be surprised if the fee has been taken? The whole application will be returned to you within a few days with a letter explaining what is required for the application to be accepted

Thank you guys for the reply. I am assuming it will arrive soon, the document, with a letter of explanation soon and I will have to resubmit with whatever is missing. I will keep you posted.

Hi all,

All documents were completed, unfortunately, I submitted a US STATE Police Certificate and not a FBI Police certificate.

Does any one know the reason why they do not hold the documents with them until we further submit the rest of the documents?

I have now applied for the FBI police certificate, and I read online that it takes a lot of time for it to get ready. Guessing I will have to reapply for EOI again, and redo my medical exam, etc............

Have INZ returned all the documents you sent, then?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Have INZ returned all the documents you sent, then?
    Yes, they returned all documents and asked to resubmit all again when I have the FBI Police certificate ready.

I believe I won't be able to reach on time as the police certificate takes a while and my EOI and medical documents expire by end of July.

I wish they could just keep the documents with them and put the application on hold.

Have you re submit? I have same situation as yours and need to re submit, did you get every thing settled after second application?

bkbk8 hasn't been on the forum since September 2018, so may not see your question.