Thread: Current employment "does not substantially match the ANZSCO description"

Unhappy Current employment "does not substantially match the ANZSCO description"

Hi all,

I've applied for residency under the skilled migrant category (BSc, MSc, 26 yo, work experience, skilled job as beekeeper/apiarist outside Auckland). I recently received a letter telling me that my current employment does not substantially match the ANZSCO description for apiarist 121311, and they'll only award 95 points at this stage. I have replied, explaining in a letter everything I do in my job, trying to address every point they made. I think they have issues with me not being in a management position - something I find unfair - shouldn't they ask for "apiarist manager" rather than apiarist?!

Has anyone been in a similar position? Any advice greatly appreciated. I'm ready to get an immigration lawyer involved if that helps! Thanks

do you :
    "Plan, organise, control, coordinate and operate apiaries to produce honey, queen bee pollen, beeswax and royal jelly, breed queen bees and pollinate crops" The key is planning organising and controlling, which in that respect makes you a manager. if not then you are just a worker and therefore not skilled. And if you do, do you have a least 5 years of relevant experience , or a bachelors level degree ( I see you have B.Sc, is it on the list of quals exempt from assessment)?

And which of the following do you do, (with appropriate modification to (bees)>)

breeding and raising (livestock) for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
    •monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of (livestock)
    •providing( pastures) and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
    •moving( livestock )to optimise feeding opportunities
    •organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, (drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines,) and collecting, grading and packaging produce
    •directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining (pens, sheds and cages, fertilising,) controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
    •maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
    •organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
    •maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
    •managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
    •may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 11th May 2015 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added info

Hi ChrisMwn, thanks for your reply. It looks like my letter (outlining everything you mention above) and boss' phone call is still not enough and they are going to refuse residency. They seem to want an branch manager rather than just an apiarist. I think I will speak to a lawyer next week.

Hi Eco.Diver,

My visa is gonna expire soon. Fortunately, I recently offered a full-time beekeeping assistant position. I really love the job and my boss promised to support me to grant another work visa. However, I have no qualifications or experiences related to beekeeper previously (I was an accountant in my home country for 5 years).
    What should I do to convince INZ for a work visa?!

I would appreciate your help,

Many thanks,

for residence if you don't have a beekeeping qualification, you will need at least 5 years (not seasons) experience in a commercial beekeeping environment. then you will need employment where you "plan organise and control" for it to be considered skilled. For a further work visa you'll need some beekeeping experience.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 10th August 2016 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    for residence if you don't have a beekeeping qualification, you will need at least 5 years (not seasons) experience in a commercial beekeeping environment. then you will need employment where you "plan organise and control" for it to be considered skilled. For a further work visa you'll need some beekeeping experience.
    Dear ChrisMwn,

Thank you for your advice. I wonder how many months of beekeeping experience I need in order to grant a new work visa which is sponsored by the company?

Additionally, if I have commercial beekeeping experiences in my home country, does it count?!

Regards,
    Last edited by Trevor.Tran; 10th August 2016 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor.Tran View Post
    Dear ChrisMwn,

Thank you for your advice. I wonder how many months of beekeeping experience I need in order to grant a new work visa which is sponsored by the company?

Additionally, if I have commercial beekeeping experiences in my home country, does it count?!

Regards,
    yes any experience that can be verified is useful. Whether its enough to meet the employers requirements and to satisfy INZ will be dependent on how the roles have been advertised and if WINZ have provided a skills match report to the employer

Hi eco diver
    Can u please tell....did co contact ur employer and sent questionnaire...?

Or he sent through this message just on the basis of job description?
    Thnks