Thread: Aplying for a EOI for SMC Visa with no job offer

Default Aplying for a EOI for SMC Visa with no job offer

Hi guys,
    This is my first time here on the forum and so far it seems a great place to clear some doubts.
    So, my question for you guys is:

Is it worth it to submit a EOI with no job offer for a Skilled Migrant Category visa?

1 - Points indicator puts me on the 125 points level
    2 - Am 30 years old
    3 - No children or partner
    4 - With a portuguese bachelors degree and masters degree in fashion design and a Diploma on vocational teaching
    5 - My qualification in any one of New Zealand's identified future growth areas and on the areas of absolute skills shortage
    6 - No work experience in new zealand
    7 - 5 years of work experience in portugal

Since the EOI is expensive, I would like to know your opinion.
    I have HR companies replying by e-mail saying that if i get my work permit they will consider me for job offers, since I have all the qualifications and work experience for the jobs offers.

Thanks guys,
    Inês

The way that the NZ government has the immigration quotas set at the moment, no EOI is selected with fewer than 140 points without a job offer. WITH a job offer, it will be selected with a minimum of 100.

As many other people on the forum have done, it may well be worth your while to take a trip to NZ on a visitor's visa (on a Look, See and Decide basis http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...20June2014.pdf), having made contact with as many employers and agencies as possible beforehand to arrange interviews, and being prepared to walk in with your CV to leave at others, to try very hard to get yourself a job offer. You could then apply immediately for a work visa, which can be processed very quickly to allow you to start, and also put in your EOI, so that the Residence under SMC application would get on in the background, taking the time it takes. (You can't get a work visa without getting a job offer first, and this is demonstrably much easier when the NZ employer can meet you face to face.)

thanks