Thread: Regarding PCC

Default Regarding PCC

Hi, I am working in NZ in Essential Skill Visa category and have decided to apply for residency through SMC category. I am here for past 1.5 years with my family. While going through requirements, i found that, i need to submit Police certificate for the countries i lived in past 10 years. Should i need to submit PCC from NZ too?

You will need one, but you do not need to obtain it - INZ will request it direct from the NZ police. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1066

Thanks a lot. Also i have couple of queries regarding SMC application.

Is it ok to not claim points? For instance i have work experience of 10+ years and all appointment orders and payslips for that period. But most of the companies are defunct (In Indian Games industry it is kinda normal). so if INZ decides to enquire, they wont be able to verify. so is it safe to claim experience for only past 5 years, as i know these companies are still operating? or will it create a negative impression as there will be gap between degree completion date and work experience, if i do so?

Is it safe to process the application without help of immigration adviser?. They are very expensive and they charge more than actual visa fees (usually more than double as i process for me and my family).
    Last edited by sundar; 13th May 2015 at 04:19 PM.

As far as the work experience is concerned, some people don't claim all of it - it's a matter of getting the balance between having proof of the right number of years for the points you need to get your EOI selected, and the awkwardness of getting evidence. If you DO need some of the 'unconnected' years, it's perfectly okay to give the name of the old boss, or HR person, or line manager, or colleague, who would have known what were your responsibilities and skills, even if the business itself is long gone, and INZ will contact them about you.

It is perfectly all right to manage your application yourself. All the information you need is on the INZ website and/or operational manual, and if you get stuck with any of it, there is a lot of experience here on the threads. Also, there are a couple of Licensed Immigration Advisers who very generously post here for free, both on public threads and in PMs (unless matters move into a complicated area, in which case they would warn you in advance of any work requiring payment), so there is reassurance available in case you need it.

My tip: only claim sufficient points to get yourself selected. If you have a job offer, then 100 points is fine. If you need to prove more experience from India, then if you have tax documents and bank statements showing your wages going in, that would certainly help. If you could supplement this with a letter from a colleague who can state that you worked in the role of xxx at yyy company from P date to Q date, this is even better.

You can do this on your own - many people do. In defence of some (hopefully the majority) of LIAs, the fees we charge are known up front by clients and my personal experience is that I earn around $50 NZ an hour worked - not a lot when these days you need a degree and a one year full-time Graduate Diploma (from 2016) to get a Licence. In many cases we save the clients some money because we avoid failed lodgements and declined visas by ensuring everything is in place up front. I am not suggesting you need this, just a general defence statement.(Hope that doesn't sound too defensive??) Good luck!

Claiming points for work experience is not compulsory, bro. I didn't and things worked out well for me.

don't forget to, that if you aren't claiming points for a recognised qualification you will need to show the number of years experience that ANZSCO says can substitute for a qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    My tip: only claim sufficient points to get yourself selected. If you have a job offer, then 100 points is fine. If you need to prove more experience from India, then if you have tax documents and bank statements showing your wages going in, that would certainly help. If you could supplement this with a letter from a colleague who can state that you worked in the role of xxx at yyy company from P date to Q date, this is even better.

You can do this on your own - many people do. In defence of some (hopefully the majority) of LIAs, the fees we charge are known up front by clients and my personal experience is that I earn around $50 NZ an hour worked - not a lot when these days you need a degree and a one year full-time Graduate Diploma (from 2016) to get a Licence. In many cases we save the clients some money because we avoid failed lodgements and declined visas by ensuring everything is in place up front. I am not suggesting you need this, just a general defence statement.(Hope that doesn't sound too defensive??) Good luck!
    Not complaining at all. I understand and believe it is totally worth it. It is just that, i cant afford as i have to process for 4 people ( 2 + 2 kids) and the fees adds up. When i initially came in, my company processed my work visa thru adviser and it was totally worth it. Total peace of mind.