Thread: SMC - qualification is not relevant to my job offer

Default SMC - qualification is not relevant to my job offer

Hi all

A question regards to qualification and skilled employment. In order to claim points for EOI, does the job offer needs to be directly relevant (in the same field) to the qualification? (no work experience)

If let's say I have a level 9/10 (Masters) architecture degree/qualification gained from Auckland University, and a job offer is graphic designer (232411), which meets the ANZSCO standards. can one claim points in qualification and skilled employment when submitting EOI?

cheers.

It says this about Graphic Designer on the INZ skill checker. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...phic-designer/
    Requirements to claim points for skilled employment (Category A)

A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    OR
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    OR
    The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    OR
    Five years of relevant work experience.
    It appears that you wouldn't make the grade, not having either the relevant recognised qualification, or the work experience which they would accept as substituting for it.

The best place to look for the detailed regulations about claiming points on the EOI is here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm SM6 has a chart of all heading under which points can be claimed, and the last column shows which other section to look in for the requirements.