Thread: Residency Application Questions - Skilled employment and Police Certificate

Default Residency Application Questions - Skilled employment and Police Certificate

I passed my EOI, doing the residency app now, including my partner. I have one month left, before my four month interval has run out. I have two concerns:

1) I requested my police certificates over a month ago, but no word from US FBI or NZ about them. What should I do if these don't make it in time?
    I submitted an FBI police certificate for my Student visa 15 months ago, my partner 2 years ago, I'm not sure if these are still on record.

2) My Partner is a full time PhD student in New Zealand, paid by a government scholarship to be a University Tutor for 150 hours / year.
    In the EOI she included herself as skilled employment, since she's being paid to do her PhD, and university tutor appears in the immigration Skilled Employment list.
    Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks so much!

If your police checks do not come through in time, you need to explain and send the evidence to INZ of when you sent to request them, and any further contact with you asking the FBI for further news. (You don't need to concern yourself about NZ checks, because INZ are in contact with the NZ police directly - you need not have requested them yourself.) And actually, looking at the timings you have given, you didn't need to ask for any extra police checks at all. You can just tell INZ about the previous visas you and your girlfriend have had. See here. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...rtificates.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If your police checks do not come through in time, you need to explain and send the evidence to INZ of when you sent to request them, and any further contact with you asking the FBI for further news. (You don't need to concern yourself about NZ checks, because INZ are in contact with the NZ police directly - you need not have requested them yourself.) And actually, looking at the timings you have given, you didn't need to ask for any extra police checks at all. You can just tell INZ about the previous visas you and your girlfriend have had. See here. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...rtificates.htm
    Thanks so much for the information!

Any ideas about my other question? Does my partner's part-time skilled employment help our application? Or must it be full-time work?

If your partner is the secondary applicant, whatever work she does has no effect on the ITA - it's her qualification (only) that can get some extra points. (Although couples tend to think of 'our application', in fact the EOI and ITA are judged ONLY on the qualifications, work experience and work record of the principle applicant, except for just the few points possible from the partner's qualification.)