Thread: Hello to everyone!

Default Hello to everyone!

This is my first post here; Just a bit of intro(timeline) about our NZ SMC.

EOI submitted(without job offer) : 19 - 05 - 2014
    EOI selected : 28 - 05 - 2014
    ITA Received : 05 - 06 - 2014
    Application Sent(to Shanghai branch) : 10 - 09 - 2014
    Received by INZ : 17 -09 - 2014
    CO assigned : 01 - 12 - 2014

Our application is still in process.

So when I asked about our application status in January; CO replied saying "We have already completed the initial assessment of your application and are currently in the verification process of your documents on file".
    Then I asked again in April as I haven't heard anything from them; and the reply was "Please note that at present your application is still in the verification stage".

So we are waiting, waiting and waiting....

I have few things to know if anyone can help me:

1) Why the verification takes so long? Is there anything that I can do to speed up? Like, contacting my precious employers and check if they have got anything from INZ, if so ask them to do it asap?(I don't want to contact them if CO didn't send them for verification) Do they contact our employers to verify(because my employers haven't asked me anything about it; so I was thinking CO didn't send them anything(yet) for verification?

2) How long does it take to move from verification stage to next stage normally?

Thanks in advance

Processing of applications takes as long as it takes. The time you have been waiting is not unusual or out of the ordinary. There is NO 'normal', because every case is individual, and the office conditions while it is being processed are also unpredictable.

You need to remember that your case is one among thousands being dealt with by INZ, which is a big government bureaucracy. The official concerned is not dealing with only YOUR business, so s/he will not be immediately moving on your case even when some reply comes in about it. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again.

That is one reason why all this takes a long time - difficulties on one case can delay progress on the others in the same part of the system. Or staff sickness. Or a high volume of submissions in that office. Then, also, people who need to reply to the CO do not necessarily see any urgency (and, although it is human nature to want to give them a nudge, it is not a good idea to intervene too obviously, because of the possible suspicion of fraud if you were thought to be involved in their reply).

All that said, you can get an idea of how INZ themselves think things are likely to go by looking on the "processing times" page of the INZ office where you have submitted. Bear in mind, though, that times given by INZ are never a promise, but only their best guess, based on averages of how things have been going in recent times.

You are absolutely right JandM and thank you very much for the reply;

I'll keep calm and just wait